Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Knightsgate, Rush, Co. Dublin

Options
  • 01-04-2019 11:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Hi all,

Me and my partner are looking at buying a 3 bedroom house in the new Knightsgate development in Rush. We really liked the coastal area and the houses.

Were a young couple with no family yet and commuting to stephens green for work. We were concerned about parking availability in the train station especially with so many new houses being built

Weve read alot about the urban development plan for Rush. And am wondering is anything outlined likely to happen I suppose or is there any sign of progress in terms of infrastructure and facilities

Want to make sure were making a wise move i suppose

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Brian201888

Hi all,

Me and my partner are looking at buying a 3 bedroom house in the new Knightsgate development in Rush. We really liked the coastal area and the houses.

Were a young couple with no family yet and commuting to stephens green for work. We were concerned about parking availability in the train station especially with so many new houses being built

Weve read alot about the urban development plan for Rush. And am wondering is anything outlined likely to happen I suppose or is there any sign of progress in terms of infrastructure and facilities

Thanks in advance

If you're commuting to Stephens Green there's a direct bus as an option as well so you can avoid the train station

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭TedsRevengeP

Hi all,

Thanks in advance

We have a deposit down on Knightsgate also, on a 3bed.

Facing the same issue as I work in town and I expect to cycle to the train station, or on a bad day get the 33 bus as far as the station. Pit there's no dedicated cycle path to the station from Rush is all. It is narrow in places.

The express bus looks great but as I finish work at 6, I miss the last one home so financially doesn't make sense for me. I'll need the tax saver ticket for the train.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 La.la.151515

We have a deposit down on Knightsgate also, on a 3bed.

Facing the same issue as I work in town and I expect to cycle to the train station, or on a bad day get the 33 bus as far as the station. Pit there's no dedicated cycle path to the station from Rush is all. It is narrow in places.

The express bus looks great but as I finish work at 6, I miss the last one home so financially doesn't make sense for me. I'll need the tax saver ticket for the train.

It sounds like we're in very similiar situations, also finishing work at 6pm! My partner was planning to drive to the train station. We had ruled out cycling for the exact reasons you mentioned.

Neither of us are from the area so our knowledge is limited but has been told about issues a few years ago where the train station car park would fill up very early.

When we've trialled the commute to town there is some car parking spaces available but I suppose with so many new development coming to Rush and Lusk, we are concerned itll be back to filling up very early.

We like everything else about Rush but would love to see some of the suggestions made in Rush urban framework plan coming to frutition. I wonder is any of it likely to happen?

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭OctoberMammy

It sounds like we're in very similiar situations, also finishing work at 6pm! My partner was planning to drive to the train station. We had ruled out cycling for the exact reasons you mentioned.

Neither of us are from the area so our knowledge is limited but has been told about issues a few years ago where the train station car park would fill up very early.

When we've trialled the commute to town there is some car parking spaces available but I suppose with so many new development coming to Rush and Lusk, we are concerned itll be back to filling up very early.

We like everything else about Rush but would love to see some of the suggestions made in Rush urban framework plan coming to frutition. I wonder is any of it likely to happen?

Hi, myself and my husband are also interested in this development and have similar thoughts and concerns! One thing we didn't think to do, however, was to look at the plans for development... are they available anywhere online? Would be very interested to know what is planned.

TBH, having spent a bit of time in Rush over the last few months (at the weekends, to get a feel for the place), it feels like there's a lot of potential to make it a bustling little village. Not that I want it to become a metropolis (!) but there are a few vacant properties on the main street and a few hipstery coffee shops wouldn't go amiss. Hopefully that will come over the next few years, with younger families moving in.

Also, there's a gap in the market for a shuttle bus running from the station to the main street in the mornings/evenings... not sure how reliable/regular the Dublin Bus would be. Pity it's just that bit too far to walk.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 La.la.151515

Hi, myself and my husband are also interested in this development and have similar thoughts and concerns! One thing we didn't think to do, however, was to look at the plans for development... are they available anywhere online? Would be very interested to know what is planned.

TBH, having spent a bit of time in Rush over the last few months (at the weekends, to get a feel for the place), it feels like there's a lot of potential to make it a bustling little village. Not that I want it to become a metropolis (!) but there are a few vacant properties on the main street and a few hipstery coffee shops wouldn't go amiss. Hopefully that will come over the next few years, with younger families moving in.

Also, there's a gap in the market for a shuttle bus running from the station to the main street in the mornings/evenings... not sure how reliable/regular the Dublin Bus would be. Pity it's just that bit too far to walk.

Hi Octobermammy,

What im referring to is the 'Rush urban framework plan', (will come up straight away if you google it). It does go through issues pertaining to Rush and makes recommendations for development. Im just wondering if there are plans to progress with the things outlined in that publication.

I know i had heard about planning permission being granted for a commercial unit/ retail centre for the main street in 2016 and had been talked about for a number of years before that, obviously that hasn't materialized yet.

It is a nice town and like you say, i think theres good potential. There is a few different things warrented on the main street.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 Jackandjones

To be honest be very careful moving to rush..the Main Street is an absolute disgrace...it’s up there with the most dilapidated main streets in ireland...and whatever way the town is run it takes years for it to catch up with the rest of dublin ..boarded up houses....massive rat problems a few years ago...it’s no skerries etc..and very little has being done with the place ...so it’s a completely non progressive town...sewerage has also being pumped into the sea there for years ..so it’s quite filthy in the water...there’s this smell on the Main Street at night which runs from one end to the other ..possibly someone clever can find out why it stinks so much!

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭gawoo1012

To be honest be very careful moving to rush..the Main Street is an absolute disgrace...it’s up there with the most dilapidated main streets in ireland...and whatever way the town is run it takes years for it to catch up with the rest of dublin ..boarded up houses....massive rat problems a few years ago...it’s no skerries etc..and very little has being done with the place ...so it’s a completely non progressive town...sewerage has also being pumped into the sea there for years ..so it’s quite filthy in the water...there’s this smell on the Main Street at night which runs from one end to the other ..possibly someone clever can find out why it stinks so much!

I'd imagine that your stinky attitude may be contributing to the smells you reference

Advertisement