Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can't post anon

Options
  • 06-07-2020 12:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,483 ✭✭✭✭

Hi . I've tried to post anon but I keep getting the message anonymous posting can only be done from Ireland/UK, which I am.
    The problem is I have no phone signal here and post over WiFi
    (sky UK) and boards.ie doesn't seem to pick up ( it may be a sky issue) that I'm in the area.
    Can anything be done on your side to recognise my IP as Irish/British
    Thank you
    CJ

Comments

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

That sounds odd, I don't suppose you are also using a VPN are you?

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

Hi cj maxx, it looks like this is an issue with the security service we use (Cloudflare) misclassifying your IP as being outside of Ireland/UK. It is something that should resolve over time but not something we can fix from here unfortunately. I'd suggest trying again over the next while.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,483 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Hi cj maxx, it looks like this is an issue with the security service we use (Cloudflare) misclassifying your IP as being outside of Ireland/UK. It is something that should resolve over time but not something we can fix from here unfortunately. I'd suggest trying again over the next while.

Thanks Niamh

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement