Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

International Rugby League thread.

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,063 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Just seen the NZ GB score , don't think I'll bother watching the recording!

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

So, in a coaching masterclass Wayne has been building the team up for the most important game of the tour, forget Tonga and kiwis beating them, this is the big one for the Lions. PNG this Saturday, 5am on the BBC Red Button, or deferred 7am on BBC Two.

Atmosphere for this one should be the best of the lot, PNG love their League and if they get at the lions early, who knows. Part of me would love to see them get the win, the place would go into meltdown and the lions deserve fupp all for what they've served up so far. I think GB will probably actually score a few this game though, and have too much for PNG. (but who knows, maybe, Bennett will sign off with a 0 from 4 tour, unless the idiots at English RL re-sign him as coach)

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Slim Charles

Only one winner from here.

Well actually, two winners as it'll be the end of Banter Bennett, finally.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Slim Charles

Embarrassing.

I'm actually pleased PNG won, GB were shambolic. Whole England/GB set up needs a reboot. Bennett obviously needs gone, and I'm not sure Sinfield has what it takes either.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,812 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Just saw this on the BBC..

Could someone give me a quick briefing on the international teams? Who are the traditional big countries? What's the current status? Australia for sure anyway

Just saw this on the BBC..

Could someone give me a quick briefing on the international teams? Who are the traditional big countries? What's the current status? Australia for sure anyway

Australia, New Zealand and England/GB the only "tier one" nations. Hasn't really changed since day one. Then you have Tonga, who have had a few big results the last 18 months (since a few players switched from NZ/Aus to Tonga) then a good few teams all at a very similar level.

Actually there's a very good article I read this morning in the Guardian about the rise of the Pacific nations. If progress continued, maybe we aren't too far away from a change.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/no-helmets-required/2019/nov/22/rugby-league-competitive-southern-hemisphere-samoa-samoa-fiji-papua-new-guinea

• Advertisement

4 years since last post, time flies.

Some good games today, loved this before the Fiji PNG contest.

Advertisement