Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Favourite album?

Options
  • 09-07-2014 10:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭

If you could only pick three, what would you pick...

Johnny Cash - At Folsom Prison
    Favourite country album, favourite live album. Discovered this just before the American Recordings revival in the mid-nineties. At the time I was listening to rock, grunge and rap. This blew my mind and still does.

Gram Parsons - Grievous Angel
    Discovered Gram through The Byrds/Rolling Stones connection. He really should have become a household name. Beautiful songs, beautifully sung and wonderfully backed up by Emmylou Harris.

Ryan Adams - Gold
    Although this could easily have been Strangers Almanac by Whiskeytown, either way Ryan Adams is a legend.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Aenaes

Clean Shirt by Waylon Jennings and Willie Nelson. I like every song on it and some great lines as per usual for their songs.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭FREDNISMO

Time Well Wasted Brad Paisley

• Registered Users Posts: 12,842 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

Pneumonia - Whiskeytown
    Red Headed Stranger - Willie Nelson
    Heartbreaker - Ryan Adams

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,671 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

For my low brow tastes - 1 random Garath Brooks
    For the folkish side - Last of the True Believers from Nanci Griffith
    For the core country - A Johnny Cash compilation.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 63 ✭✭susanlinda823

Anything Eric Church, Kenny Chesney or Johnny Cash! :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement