Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Who would you like to moderate here ?

• 15-11-2006 8:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭

Yay \o/

This is going to be an interesting board but it needs someone to look after it other than just the Cat mod as it stands now.
    I'm voting Ibid for now as it was his mention over on politics that drew my attention to here
    I've also found his/her posts interesting and engaging.

Yes Ibid for president :)

Who would you like to moderate here? 7 votes

Ibid
    0%
    The_Minister
    100%
    KaromaRock ClimberTime Magazine[Deleted User]dunkamaniaeuropersonTroglodyte 7 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

Obviously, I'd prefer myself, but isn't it better to let the admins decide? A popularity contest is not a great way to choose a mod. (I recently lost one in college :D)

Although:Ibid would be good too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

The_Minister
    I've also found his/her posts interesting and engaging.

Yes Ibid for president :)
    Thanks Rock :).

I'd be delighted to mod here, I love economics. The_Minister, it will of course be the admins' decision - it is their site - but a poll can be a good indicator of what the plebs want. But obviously if themselves would rather pick you/someone else altogether that's cool, it's not like I'm going to leave :).

I'll stay too, whatever the decision:) . May the best man win.

EDIT: I just thought, don't forums normally have two mods? When the sleeping & dreaming forum was made, two mods were appointed, and we can expect more traffic on this forum.

2nd Edit: Question answered on another thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭Troglodyte

The_Minister
    Hello to all, I'm Troglodyte, a second year Economics student in Trinity. I heard about this forum from Ibid, our loveable hardcore economics head. I'd like to add myself to the list of potential mods, as it would be something I'd like to try. I'm already turning into a boards.ie addict, so at least I'll be doing something constructive with my time here :D

EDIT: Request Withdrawn.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

The_Minister
    I'd prefer Mr. A. Jaguar, TBH.

• Advertisement

Ouch! Karoma........I thought you loved me.........I gave you every...*Gasp*......I have to get out of here!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

Bah!

Why a two horse race? My knowledge of all things economical is quite clearly superior to ibid's*. His take on subsidy targeting is single-minded, dogmatic, and wrong.

*I might have been economical with the truth here.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

ASKING TO BE MOD eliminates you from the race.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭Troglodyte

The_Minister
    Quite right, Agent Smith. I was a bit under the influence when I wrote that. Now that I have a clearer head, I'd like to say that:

1. I was being a presumptious twat

2. I probably wouldn't make the best mod anyway, certainly Ibid would be better and more dedicated.

Request for Mod status withdrawn.

The_Minister
    Troglodyte shows humblemness..

And IBID never bought me coffee..

TROGLODYTE FOR MOD!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,921 ✭✭✭Vexorg

Polls really do not work, that can be helpful but we usually have someone in mind or get advice from exisitng mods and other users. I agree with the two mods per forum suggestions, it allows cover for those periods when we need to just get away from Boards :)

Anyhow, my prefered mod appointment method was used here, brown envelopes have been opened, cash counted, coke and hookers sent home and I am pleased to announce that The_Minister and Ibid have been appointed as mods, congrats guys and enjoy.

V.

The_Minister
    Poll closed because, like special children, we both won.

Hey!

On the subject of closing,It might be a good idea to close the legal proceedings sticky!

(p.s welcome to moderaterhoodums! pp.s read the zatom board for tips-also it is possible to merge threads with out leaving redirects)

The_Minister
    Tristrame wrote:
    On the subject of closing,It might be a good idea to close the legal proceedings sticky!
    Whatever do you mean? It's always been locked.

>_>

<_<

Advertisement