Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Large bottles of Leffe (Beer) €2.99

• 04-10-2015 9:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭

In Lidl.

Love this beer, so was pleasantly surprised to see these large, (750ml) champagne style bottles of Leffe for under €3 each.
    v2tdK9.jpg

750ml of 6.6 % high quality Belgian Blonde beer, Great bargain IMO.

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 6,871 ✭✭✭Spocker

Which Lidl do you find this in? Many left?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

Spocker wrote: »
    Which Lidl do you find this in? Many left?

I just happened to be in the Sallins (Naas) stores this evening for a bottle of Prosecco (my wife swears its the best prosecco you can buy) and.spotted these, along with large bottles of that other bponde beer (forget the name, begins with H) are on.the end aisle where beer usually is on special/promotion.

There was at least another ten bottles left.

I bought only two, school night and.that.

Edit, the other beer is called Hoegaarden

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

LIDL From Monday 5th Oct "while stocks last"

8 X 500ml cans Tuborg! 9.99

4 X 330ml bottles Singha 4.99

1 X 750ml bottle Hoegaarden 2.99

1 X 750ml bottle Leffe 2.99

1 X 500ml bottle Efes 1.99

1 X 500ml bottle Furstenberg 1.99

1 X 500ml bottle Dublin/West Indies Porter 2.49 each or 2 for 4.00

Don't know how good a value they are.

Some of those names are a blast from the past...Tuborg ! Furstenberg !!

Anyway, enjoy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

vicwatson wrote: »
    LIDL From Monday 5th Oct "while stocks last"

8 X 500ml cans Tuborg! 9.99

4 X 330ml bottles Singha 4.99

1 X 750ml bottle Hoegaarden 2.99

1 X 750ml bottle Leffe 2.99

1 X 500ml bottle Efes 1.99

1 X 500ml bottle Furstenberg 1.99

1 X 500ml bottle Dublin/West Indies Porter 2.49 each or 2 for 4.00

Don't know how good a value they are.

Anyway, enjoy

What time do Lidl start selling alcohol at?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭newacc2015

quarryman wrote: »
    What time do Lidl start selling alcohol at?

The usual licensing time 10.30am to 10pm Mon to Sat and 12.30pm to 10pm on Saturday

Hoegaarden is a really nice beer. Its like Blue Moon, but less artificial

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Captainsatnav

That Leffe is nice, but man at 6.6% alc. one is enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,932 ✭✭✭ActingDanClark

You may be right, had 2 last night and I'm like a sh1te in a swingswong today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

vicwatson wrote: »

Tuborg's started turning up (on draught!) in a few pubs around Dublin I've been in lately.

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭darconio

None of these beauty (leffe) left in Lidl Rathmines. Plenty of the others though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,796 ✭✭✭sweetie

I've still got some of my 4 for € leffe 330 ml bottles from Lidl earlier in the year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

MOH wrote: »
    Tuborg's started turning up (on draught!) in a few pubs around Dublin I've been in lately.

Nothing wrong with Tuborg, esp. when consumed in. It's Diageo's price-fighting beer in this market....aimed at taking share from the cheaper lagers who compete almost solely on price (MCBC have Carling, Heineken have Amstel etc.) in this market.

As with most European beers it's ABV has been reduced "to suit Irish palates" which basically translates as "you Irish drink too much too quickly and if we left it at the Danish ABV you'd take to it like the English have taken to Stella*".

It's much preferred in its homeland to Carlsberg (Carlsberg now own both brands btw), which is predominantly an export brand, and they also do some really nice flavoured Tuborg seasonal beers. For a big bewery beer, it's certainly in the upper echelon, though probably not cool enough for your average beer snob.

*aka, "wifebeater".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,876 ✭✭✭RayCon

Check your local Tesco's for the Leffe Blonde 4 X 330ml bottles ... I spotted an unopened case on a top shelf of the booze isle in my local Tesco (6 four packs). Took it down, opened it and took out a 4 pack. Went to the price scanner - €2.17 !!!! :eek::cool: ... went back and bought the case :D

Also WARKA 500ml cans reduced to €0.51 per can ... bought the remaining 14 cans in the shop :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

RayCon wrote: »
    Check your local Tesco's for the Leffe Blonde 4 X 330ml bottles ... I spotted an unopened case on a top shelf of the booze isle in my local Tesco (6 four packs). Took it down, opened it and took out a 4 pack. Went to the price scanner - €2.17 !!!!

You definitely done well there.
    They're normally at least €8.35 in Tesco, compared to Lidl's price of €5.50 when they have them in stock.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

RayCon wrote: »
    Check your local Tesco's for the Leffe Blonde 4 X 330ml bottles ... I spotted an unopened case on a top shelf of the booze isle in my local Tesco (6 four packs). Took it down, opened it and took out a 4 pack. Went to the price scanner - €2.17 !!!! :eek::cool: ... went back and bought the case :D

Also WARKA 500ml cans reduced to €0.51 per can ... bought the remaining 14 cans in the shop :D

Just wondering if you scanned the case barcode or an individual bottle? 4 x €2.17 would be €8.68......close to the other poster's price for the 4 pack.....

Fair play if you got away with it though!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,499 ✭✭✭Yester

Lidl in the morning so. Never tried Leffe but will give it a go. I do like Hoegaarden though (even though I can't spell it)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭shedweller

Yester wrote: »
    Lidl in the morning so. Never tried Leffe but will give it a go. I do like Hoegaarden though (even though I can't spell it)
    Leffe is real nice. Lovely wheaty flavour and with a bit of kick. Gets my vote.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,876 ✭✭✭RayCon

Just wondering if you scanned the case barcode or an individual bottle? 4 x €2.17 would be €8.68......close to the other poster's price for the 4 pack.....

Fair play if you got away with it though!

No it was the 4 packs barcode I scanned .... Tesco have reduced a lot of their beers to clear... I was just lucky to find a case of it on a top shelf. Hoegaarden 4 packs are reduced to €3.85 if you can find any.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 381 ✭✭andyd12

Leffe 75cl bottles in lidl(sligo). Picked up a bottle today, it's lovely stuff. Most people here don't realise what it is I think.
    Spending a lot of time in Holland Belgium area, you would know this is a high quality beer over there which says alot

• Moderators Posts: 6,871 ✭✭✭Spocker

andyd12 wrote: »
    Leffe 75cl bottles in lidl(sligo). Picked up a bottle today, it's lovely stuff. Most people here don't realise what it is I think.
    Spending a lot of time in Holland Belgium area, you would know this is a high quality beer over there which says alot

Thanks, picked up some in the NewPark Kilkenny store, plenty left there (none in Loughboy though)

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭davemie

None left in Togher or Carrigaline

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Greentree_uk

finally landed in my local (Coolock) Toilet roll and beer through the checkout, gonna be a heck of a night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 381 ✭✭andyd12

Running like a river haha

Advertisement