Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is it possible to....

• 19-09-2019 3:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭

Hi All,
    My heating is via an oil fired central pressurized system.
    We also had some separate rads fed from a stove back boiler.
    We've gotten rid of the back boiler but I want to incorporate a rad from the open system into the OFCH. Rad is located on a wall external of the hot press so access to the OFCH pipework is not the issue.
    The heating is zoned so I would like this rad to come on when either zone is called.(its in an area between upstairs and downstairs)

Is this possible?

TIA

good one

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,839 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

good one wrote: »
    Hi All,
    My heating is via an oil fired central pressurized system.
    We also had some separate rads fed from a stove back boiler.
    We've gotten rid of the back boiler but I want to incorporate a rad from the open system into the OFCH. Rad is located on a wall external of the hot press so access to the OFCH pipework is not the issue.
    The heating is zoned so I would like this rad to come on when either zone is called.(its in an area between upstairs and downstairs)

Is this possible?

TIA

good one

If the stove is gone then yes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 949 ✭✭✭Tom44

NO
    It can easily be incorporated into one zone or the other, but not both simultaneously.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭good one

Thanks for the reply's

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭kennethsmyth

good one wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply's

Actually both above are correct - it depends on where your automated valves are. I stupidly have this senario in a hallway that i didnt want. The radiator was put directly between the oil boilers main before it got to the valves.

This means:
    If upstairs is on the radiator is on
    If downstairs is on the radiator is on
    If hot water is on the radiator is on

I have put trvs on these radiators to ensure they only heat when below a temp though so as not to waste as much heat.

Hope this is of use

Advertisement