Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coffeewood dog chews

Options
  • 05-09-2019 8:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭

These things

91BjNQK2JgL._SX355_.jpg

Big thumbs up from me and Benno for these chews

The strongest type of Nylabone lastet less than 3 minutes before the bitemarks in it had such sharp edges that his gums were bleeding.

The coffeewood chew lasts for weeks and seems to be great fun and totally harmless. Doesn't splinter or crack.
    Leaves shavings/fibres though...but they're soft and harmless and easily cleaned up.

Can recommend

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

update:

We're currently on stick no 3 and I have to say this one is not as safe as the previous two.
    It's a bit thinner, less gnarled and more stick shaped then the previous two (which looked more like roots than branches) and it has splintered once or twice and I had to take sharp splinters away for safety.

so ..hmm ...I'm not so sure about these any more

• Registered Users Posts: 14,024 ✭✭✭✭tk123

They have mixed reviews for cracking and splintering don’t they? We had two here and I’m pretty sure the coffee one was the one I could have given to a vampire hunter :p - it was chewed down into a spikey stake and there’d be a pile of sawdust after she chewed it. The olive wood one wasn’t as soft and seemed more robust with no mess . I actually gave it to my friend a few months ago for her basset and she loves it! She’s not a strong chewer though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭em_cat

Neither of ours took to the coffee wood, but the root ones, they love. We’re still on the first ones & got 1 for the piggies too.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,024 ✭✭✭✭tk123

em_cat wrote: »
    Neither of ours took to the coffee wood, but the root ones, they love. We’re still on the first ones & got 1 for the piggies too.

Oh our root one splintered on its first outing so I didn’t risk it again. The piece that came off was 2-3 inches long but luckily she spit it out(!)

Advertisement