Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

NRL and all things Rugby League down under

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Knights with another win. Interested to see how they fare against the Panthers next. Another side yet to lose yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,075 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Warriors crap again, some weird decisions by the bunker but didn't affect the result I don't think. Could this finally be the year they win the treasured spoon.

Tigers looked poor, not sure how many games they'll give Maguire but it's a thankless task at Wests.

I like Newcastle, always good to see them going well after years and years of crap, hopefully they turn Penrith over. Unlikable bunch, I'd almost want Storm to beat them.......almost.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

Excellent weekend of RL so far. Warriors finally won (probably the worst game of the round unsurprisingly!) And today's games, particularly the last two, have been crackers.

Knights made a brave go of it despite being a man down. Thought they'd be destroyed after that.

Panthers played some nice stuff against the Rabbitohs.

• Advertisement

They were pretty comfortable for most of the game. Bunnies not really firing yet.

Sharks dominated the Knights in the first game too. They're looking quite good this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭Danick

Nico Hynes has settled in nicely at the Sharks - would have loved to have him in the Cowboys setup - hopefully Cows go well tomorrow - Holmes seems to be finding the kind of form he had before he left NRL.

I might get up at ridiculous o'clock tomorrow to watch the Warriors Broncos game. Maybe I like the misery....

Edit: I didn't get up at 5am, I was a lightweight and recorded it and got up at half six :pac: Good win all the same, with some amazing inability to hold on to the ball from both sides. Think we actually got a bit lucky with one or two calls today too, which goes against the usual narrative.

Post edited by Tom Mann Centuria on

Cowboys haven't started too well. Bit scrappy at the moment from both sides, trailing Roosters by four.

I think Todd Payten will do a good job for them if he gets time though.

Think this one's done already. The supposed high tackle that led to one of the Roosters trys was a joke though, how the fūck is a defender supposed to not tackle high when the man is about 10cm from the ground.

• Advertisement

Nice handy game for the Cowboys to bounce back with next week....

Went into the Roosters game with a bit of form - just highlight how far off the pace we are in relation to the best teams in the group. I can never relax against the Warriors - who knows what will happen when you play the Warriors.

Well even in the games they've won the Warriors have been far from convincing. You're right though you do never know, it's rarely an easy watch, I blame them for the receding hair and going grey. :pac:

Woo woo. Cracking game (partly due to very ordinary play from both teams) with loads of tries, and a golden point win for the mighty Warriors.

Great win for the Warriors.

Tigers finish the Easter weekend round of with their first win of the season. Parra their own worst enemies, trying to score off every possession. Maybe didn't give Wests enough respect.

Understrength Warriors put up a decent showing v Roosters and as per, against Sydney, didn't get many/any favours from the officials. Anzac Day v the Storm next up, so that was just a taste of what's to come, even though Storm won't need any help.

Wests win again, two on the bounce now. Hastings looks good, and who knows, maybe the top 8 beckons this year! I'm working Monday so thankfully I won't have to endure the Storm kicking the Warriors arse.

The Knights were really hopeless against Parramatta.

Though not quite as hopeless as the Warriors were against Storm. That was woeful even by their low low standards. Only down by six points at half time, lost 70 fuppin points to 10. They should be ashamed of themselves but won't be. So glad I didn't get to watch it.

Good win for the Broncos this morning, Sharks the better team first half without finishing Brisbane off, and then completely outplayed 2nd half.

• Advertisement

Cowboys go 3rd - years in the wilderness - who knew that adding Townsend would make such a difference. It took the pressure off Deardan who is having a brill season.

The competition between the hammer and Scottie Drinkwater is leading to outstanding performances from Drinkwater.

I’m one very happy Cowboy fan this afternoon.

Great start to Origin. Delighted the Maroons got the first win.

A brilliant game -one of the best Origin games I've watched in ages. It was on a knife edge from the start.

That State of Origin decider was pure box office. One of the most physical games I've ever seen. Great finish with the Ben Hunt try too.

Was a good un alright. That forty twenty from Hunt was fantastic too. Though I did think Burton was a bit unlucky to go to the bin for NSW when he'd been pushed over then punched in the face. Imo the Blues should have been a man up for ten minutes.

Glad the underdogs won again.

I was happy both went to the bin - Burton had taken out Pongo earlier in the move that is why Gagai responded the way he did. Brilliant to see Queensland win with Benny Hunt's run. We butchered a few tries but in the end the good guys won.

I had a look at the Roosters' win over Storm today. First half in particular was exciting. Some serious physicality on show. Sick moment in the 2nd half when Victor Radley got knocked out and appeared to have some sort of seizure. Thankfully they said he was awake and talking afterwards.

Yeah saw that, wonder will be be cleared for the play offs, or even the World Cup. He was definitely having some kind of seizure. Can't see him being back next week anyway.

Lots of mistakes 2nd half, Roosters did well to hang on in the end. Still fancy Storm to beat the Eels and get top four.

Shows what I know, Eels far too good for Storm.

• Advertisement

Spectacular just how far the wheels fell off for the Broncos in the second half of the season.

Raiders just love playing in Melbourne. What a win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Anyone know is the NRL GRand Final on any of Sky Sports, BT Sports or Premier Sports in the morning? Or what UK/Irish based channel might be showing it

It's on Sky Sports Arena and Sky Sports Main Event. Kick-off is set to be 9:30 am our time.

Going to hopefully wake up in time for it. Hoping it's a good one.

Horrible feeling the Panthers will hammer the Eels. Hope I'm wrong though, it'd be nice to see Parramatta break their long stretch without a Premiership.

You called it right. Utterly dominant display by the Panthers. At least the Eels managed some points on the board before the end.

• Advertisement

Panthers very good and the Eels choked, but they've been doing that all season, so no great surprise. Didn't make for much of a contest for the neutral though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Thanks, I missed it in the end as was out late last night. Had it in my head that it was a 11.30am kick off but that was out by an hour and then another hour because the clocks changed in Australia for summer time a few days back I believe. Gonna see if I can find a full match replay on Youtube later on and watch it that way

Heading into round two of the World Cup - what do you guys think so far?

I think the Pacific nations will improve after another week together. Keary played well for Ireland I thought, massive game to come on Sunday against Lebanon. Win that and more than likely get out of the group.

The usual suspects well be there or there abouts. Attendance at the games very meh, but poorly advertised and ticketed.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭timothydec77

The Sky deal was a disaster for Rugby League in England.

Rugby Union went down a similar road in Australia.

The Nrl will have to invest in England and France.

• Advertisement

Addo Carr making Freddie look silly since his hat trick before game 2 in origin. If Aus win he has to be in pole position to win player of the tournament.

Caught the highlights for Eels vs Storm and looked like an exciting game. Who do we think is winning this season? Panthers to do three in a row? I'll go for the Sharks.

The One NZ Warriors, it's our year!

Great to have the NRL back, Storm look strong as usual in (supposedly) Bellamy's last season. If by some bizarre happening Warriors don't win the lot it would be nice for Sharks or someone else other than Panthers or Storm.

Amazing win for the Dolphins over the Roosters this morning, brilliant way to start their NRL journey.

Another exciting win for them. They've been a breath of fresh air.

It's been a good start to the season in general. Lots of drama.

Yeah it's been an enjoyable start, Dogs beating the Storm was a bit of a surprise, Roosters beat the Warriors (who only had 1 left on the interchange for half the game) but very unconvincingly, Broncos and Cowboys were in a great tussle this round too. Hopefully it'll be wide open this year.

Really enjoyed the 'Battle of Brisbane' the other day. Great finish to the game, even though I was rooting for the Dolphins.

Season has started well, 'phins a worthy edition to the League. Blow outs haven't started yet, so lots of close games which is always good.

Warriors going well this year too. Deserved the win, although the game winning try should have been pulled back for obstruction. (I'll take it though!)

2 good games today. Impressive victory for the Warriors.

Right gambling fans. Paddy Power have The Dolphins at Evens with +12 against the Bunnies next week. Am I missing something or is that a good a bet as I think it is? Well I've already stuck a few quid on it anyway but seems very generous, especially when they're only giving the Tigers 10/11 with 12+ against the Eels.

• Advertisement
Advertisement