Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Graveyards in Donore area

Options
  • 16-08-2011 12:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭

I'm doing some research into my family tree and its possible that i have some ancestors from the Dorore area. I have traced it back as far as the late 19th century so am wondering if there are many old graveyards around the area as well as the one thats being used now. Any help would be appreciated

progress.gifedit.gif

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

Have you posted in the Louth forum yet? They might know the small ancient ones down the back roads and such! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭mattym

No Alicat, i didnt put it in the Louth forum but did put it in the Meath one. Not a bad idea, cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

A lot of grave yards around donore some hidden well. I am not to sure i just know but i can get you a couple of contact numbers if you run into trouble. Problem is it will take me a while as i dont have them to hand.

My first pce of advice would be dont contact the parish priest in donore for help.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12 angelbuzz09

CeannRua wrote: »
    I didn't see a reference in any of your previous posts to the fact that you are trying to set up a forum. But you're directing people to a site - does it currently work? What is on it?

I think, for the most part, when people posting on this forum direct people to other sites, it is that the site actually contains information that will help them or the answer to the query is there. From your posts, I wouldn't have been in the least clear what it is you are trying to do or what is on your site. The fact that you described yourself in at least some of the posts as a 'family tree researcher' is also a trifle misleading if what you are just trying to set up a forum.

i am not going to explain myself any further here is the website for donore stagrennan graveyard if mite have info on it that will be useful to you

http://stagrennangraves.host56.com/Stagrennan/home.html

• Registered Users Posts: 3,577 ✭✭✭jonniebgood1

Angelbuzz09 banned for 1 month for breaking forum rules with link on many threads. Links are now deleted.
    Moderator.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9 blue000127

Hi i must say that Stagrennan website is very good. I found my great grand parents on it. Thanks Angelbuzz for that link it was very helpful.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,622 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

blue000127 wrote: »
    Hi i must say that Stagrennan website is very good. I found my great grand parents on it. Thanks Angelbuzz for that link it was very helpful.

Are you the same person? Your Dignam website has a gmail address with stagrennan in it?

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

pinkypinky wrote: »
    Are you the same person? Your Dignam website has a gmail address with stagrennan in it?

Unless gmail have started allowing multiple people use one gmail account, I would say that's a yes! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 blue000127

There not my websites i found my ancestrys on them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 dignam

i am not going to explain myself any further here is the website for donore stagrennan graveyard if mite have info on it that will be useful to you

http://stagrennangraves.host56.com/Stagrennan/home.html

Cool website Im from Droghda and never herd of Stagrennan my Dignams are on it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,577 ✭✭✭jonniebgood1

Dignam, blue or angelbuzz, whatever your name is. PM me to explain what you are at. I am not happy with whatever you are up to here as you are clearly up to something. You need to explain in PM what you are doing.

Advertisement