Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tv reception problem

Options
  • 17-09-2019 4:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi all new to this so bear with me. I am living in cavan area and my tv reception comes from carin hill in longford. I retuned tvs in house on 4th sept since this my rte 2 and virgin medias are pixlating if any1 can shed any light on this or is having same problem help would be much appreciated it. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭Elvis Hammond

Cairn Hill didn't need a retune. Can you see which channel nos. or frequencies you're getting now? E.g. RTE2 from Cairn Hill would be in ch.47, 682 MHz.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,481 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

What transmitter does the cover checker recommend for your location - http://coverage.rtenl.ie/index700.php

Do you have an aerial pointing at this transmitter?
    Do you have another aerial for the Freeview channels from a NI transmitter?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Ch2019

Cairn Hill didn't need a retune. Can you see which channel nos. or frequencies you're getting now? E.g. RTE2 from Cairn Hill would be in ch.47, 682 MHz.

It is number 47 and 682mhz. Thanks for reply

Well that's Cairn Hill anyway. Are you sure that's where you're actually set up to receive from though?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Ch2019

Well that's Cairn Hill anyway. Are you sure that's where you're actually set up to receive from though?

Ye aerial is pointing towards cairn hill. Its strange my home house is beside us and dere tvs are ok dere also gettin from carin hill

• Advertisement

I'm not aware of any changes at Cairn Hill, & none of the transmitters that changed (ROI or NI) could be interfering with it, so it's more than likely just coincidence that the problem arose now.

Advertisement