Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ACCA Qualification (Law Varient)

Options
  • 18-09-2019 3:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Just wondering if I decide to choose the Global version of Corporate Law will it have a negative effect on my overall ACCA qualification once completed?

Would I still be recognised as a qualified accountant in Ireland without the Irish varient?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8 ACCA2018

Won't make any difference to your qualification unless you are interested in obtaining an Audit Practicing Cert in the future.

Would you consider the UK variant rather than the Global one?

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭gerp99

ACCA2018 wrote: »
    Won't make any difference to your qualification unless you are interested in obtaining an Audit Practicing Cert in the future.

Would you consider the UK variant rather than the Global one?

Appreciate the quick response. Funnily enough it's my last exam in the batch of first 9. I just want to get it out of the way with an cbe exam I can sit in October.

Is there much difference? I have no intention of moving into audit either.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 ACCA2018

There would be some differences, the UK variant would be a lot closer to Irish law and the terminology and concepts might be easier to digest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭Mimojo

I spoke to both Accountancy School & Studyonline & they both provide the English Version of the course only. They advised that it is 80% the same as the Irish Version, and can be taken as a CBE on demand, whereas the Irish Variant can only be taken as a paper based exam twice a year. I went with the English Version and it was very straightforward.

I would recommend acowtancy for it, I just used that and the BPP Revision Kit (not the text book) and passed it a couple of weeks of study

Advertisement