Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Philips Hue Sync Box

Options
  • 17-09-2019 3:11pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hue finally ditching the need to play media through a PC by the looks of it:

https://www2.meethue.com/en-us/p/hue-hdmi-sync-box-/046677555221

It will be very interesting to see reviews of it in action and if it's fully compatible with HDCP content.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

$229.99.....Aye Good luck!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,255 ✭✭✭Shlippery

Looks like it'll be a nice bit of kit but that price is a little wild...it'd want to include a rake of lights for that money :P

• Registered Users Posts: 48 quiggs1000

Yeah, unbelievable price for this. I would have thought around the 100 euro mark for, what I think, is a glorified HDMI switcher.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

quiggs1000 wrote: »
    Yeah, unbelievable price for this. I would have thought around the 100 euro mark for, what I think, is a glorified HDMI switcher.

Def expensive (what Hue gear isn't?) but glorified HDMI switcher is unfair, its decrypting and decoding the HDMI signal, computing the colour changes, sending them out encrypting and send on. It's def not a trivial thing to do, prob what took them so long to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭dam099

Yea would be interested but not at that price. Probably be too soon for any Black Friday deals so might have to hold off for Prime Day next year and hope for some deals on it (maybe in a bundle).

Not great it doesn't do Dolby Vision/HDR10+ either at that price point although still only limited content for that yet I suppose.

• Advertisement

dam099 wrote: »
    Not great it doesn't do Dolby Vision/HDR10+ either at that price point although still only limited content for that yet I suppose.

I can see a V2 in a year or so

• Registered Users Posts: 2,255 ✭✭✭Shlippery

One thing I'm not quite clear on, maybe we'll see once early reviews are out, would this only work for say streaming box connected to your tv, or console that have HDMI inputs to the TV?

Could we see a Chromecast working?
    if you were just watching Saorview / LG Netflix app - would it work?

Any HDMI device will work up to 4K HDR10 so Chromecast will be fine. 4 inputs as well is decent, wonder how clunky the switching is though, another remote in the sitting room....

Advertisement