Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nest Heatlink Issue

Options
  • 16-09-2019 8:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,889 ✭✭✭

Not sure how long it's been like this due to the summer months but there seems to be a disconnect with my Heatlink and Thermostat.
    The thermostat shows no errors and all looks good in terms of connection, the thermostat turns to orange and tries to engage the heating but the Heatlink does nothing. It just stays as green but doesn't kick the heating on.
    Manually it works fine from the Heatlink.
    I've reset the Heatlink and still the same.
    Any suggestions, Google gives too many US based results.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭antix80

I googled it for you.. Heat link isnt part of the nest setup in the US so you shouldn't get US results if you write nest "heat link" with heat link in quotes.

Restart the Heat Link by pressing and holding the button on the front of the Heat Link. Press and hold the button for 10 seconds until the light goes out. The status light will then turn green once it is connected to your thermostat.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,889 ✭✭✭stesaurus

antix80 wrote: »
    I googled it for you.. Heat link isnt part of the nest setup in the US so you shouldn't get US results if you write nest "heat link" with heat link in quotes.

Restart the Heat Link by pressing and holding the button on the front of the Heat Link. Press and hold the button for 10 seconds until the light goes out. The status light will then turn green once it is connected to your thermostat.

Already tried the reset and nothing. The thermostat stayed orange all night and the Heatlink didn't once turn on despite being connected according to the menus.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭antix80

Did you factory reset the nest too?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,889 ✭✭✭stesaurus

antix80 wrote: »
    Did you factory reset the nest too?

Was hoping not to lose all my settings and setup

Advertisement