Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

08-07-2019, 14:01   #1
em81

Lisbon Hen Party

Anyone have any firsthand experience of a hen in Lisbon? I'm bridesmaid for my cousin and we are planning on doing the hen in Lisbon next April. I'm not having problems finding ideas or accommodation, but there's too much choice! I would love if anyone who has been on a hen or organised a hen in Lisbon could help me narrow down some ideas.
We have a small group of 12(ish) but a wide range of ages, most of us are in our 30s and there will be 4 older ladies coming who are in early 60s. They will probably be well able to keep up, in fact more able than me in all likelyhood! I think an apartment would be the best craic, but maybe 2 so the older group can stay separately to us? That way we have a base for pre-drinks etc instead of trying to cram into a small hotel room together Anyway any recommendations would be fab thanks!
Advertisement
11-07-2019, 17:50   #2
phoenix833

I had my stag there in May and had a smiliar enough number and age spread. We stayed in City Stay Cais Sodre apartments and split like you're intending. Literally couldn't get closer to the action. Pink street (the party street) backs on to it so you won't have far to go for a bit of lively area

Accom was cheap enough but one thing to note is be prepared for everyone and their mother to be offering Coke. It was borderline harassment there were so many trying to sell - each to their own with what people decide to do but I would've liked to have had 5mins without a "Cocaina" "Sniff, sniff" in my face!

Can't tell you much more as we basically stayed in that area for the entire weekend
Thanks from:
11-07-2019, 22:22   #3
em81

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix833 View Post
I had my stag there in May and had a smiliar enough number and age spread. We stayed in City Stay Cais Sodre apartments and split like you're intending. Literally couldn't get closer to the action. Pink street (the party street) backs on to it so you won't have far to go for a bit of lively area

Accom was cheap enough but one thing to note is be prepared for everyone and their mother to be offering Coke. It was borderline harassment there were so many trying to sell - each to their own with what people decide to do but I would've liked to have had 5mins without a "Cocaina" "Sniff, sniff" in my face!

Can't tell you much more as we basically stayed in that area for the entire weekend
Thanks so much! We have provisionally booked apartments quite close to those actually so that's good to hear.
Thanks for the heads up about the coke... each to their own I suppose but yeah not something we'll be needing. (Could help me stay awake later than 10pm though haha!)
Thanks from:
19-08-2019, 16:01   #4
rachieqtpie

Hi,

I am in the process of planning mt best friends hen in Lisbon, we are going in 6 weeks. We booked the VIP aparthotel which is very central and has a rooftop pool. We are using David from party in portugal for activities. Were are doing sangria bike ride, boat trip and dinner with him. I can update you after the hen.
19-08-2019, 18:49   #5
em81

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachieqtpie View Post
Hi,

I am in the process of planning mt best friends hen in Lisbon, we are going in 6 weeks. We booked the VIP aparthotel which is very central and has a rooftop pool. We are using David from party in portugal for activities. Were are doing sangria bike ride, boat trip and dinner with him. I can update you after the hen.
Ah brilliant thanks so much that would be great!
Advertisement
29-08-2019, 17:23   #6
2ndcoming

One thing to note is the place is extremely hilly so that might be a consideration. It's a lovely city and good value but the legs will be wore off you by the end.
29-08-2019, 17:26   #7
artanevilla

Them lads will sell you washing powder so no point even if you are that way inclined.
01-09-2019, 22:58   #8
Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ndcoming View Post
One thing to note is the place is extremely hilly so that might be a consideration. It's a lovely city and good value but the legs will be wore off you by the end.
+1 Very slippery stones too on many pavements.

It’s a lovely city though.
08-09-2019, 15:10   #9
Robyn_14

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachieqtpie View Post
Hi,

Hi there, how did you get on? I am looking into booking my friend’s hen in Lisbon next February.

Many thanks!

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion