Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Irish Economics Podcast

Options
  • 04-09-2019 7:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭

Hi all,

Long time lurker. Have discovered some podcasting gems on this thread and thought it was about time to offer my own! I have put together a podcast called 'The Irish Economics Podcast'. It's an interview-based podcast with Irish economists (and some from abroad). The first two episodes discuss the strategy behind Brexit decisions and Ireland's economic history since the foundation of the state.

Sure check it out if that is the sort of thing that interests you. It's in all the usual places!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭wally1990

nf2k wrote: »
    Hi all,

Long time lurker. Have discovered some podcasting gems on this thread and thought it was about time to offer my own! I have put together a podcast called 'The Irish Economics Podcast'. It's an interview-based podcast with Irish economists (and some from abroad). The first two episodes discuss the strategy behind Brexit decisions and Ireland's economic history since the foundation of the state.

Sure check it out if that is the sort of If that sort of thing interests you. It's in all the usual places!

Many thanks for doing this.

Could you share a link or how do I find the exact podcast?

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭nf2k

wally1990 wrote: »
    Many thanks for doing this.

Could you share a link or how do I find the exact podcast?

Sorry, I should have mentioned - there's a website at: irisheconpod.com

There are links to all the usual podcast apps on the site. A search for 'The Irish Economics Podcast' on any podcast app will throw it up too, or you can listen from the site.

Thanks, and let me know what you think! (I'm still new to the podcasting game so all suggestions to improve are very welcome!)

New series of this podcast on the go if anyone is interested. Loads of COVID-19 topics including a discussion of the best macroeconomic policy levers, EU political dynamics and the impact on industry. All featuring relevant experts.

Got some great support from this forum over the last while so just want to say thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

Listened to a few of these and I like the concept - however the podcast on the Irish energy market had a lot of inaccuracies in it, some fairly critical ones aswell to be honest.

Might be good to get someone from industry in for some of these or at least have a discussion with someone before hand

Listened to a few of these and I like the concept - however the podcast on the Irish energy market had a lot of inaccuracies in it, some fairly critical ones aswell to be honest.

Might be good to get someone from industry in for some of these or at least have a discussion with someone before hand

Thanks for the feedback! All episode materials are taken from peer-reviewed academic sources. I would love to hear your take, though.

Source material for that episode: https://cora.ucc.ie/bitstream/handle/10468/5299/Fiac.pdf?sequence=1&isAllowed=y

DM'd you there to discuss in detail. Keen to update if you have indeed spotted errors/omissions. If a differing viewpoint, would be great to get an industry speaker on board. Thanks again for the feedback!

• Advertisement
Advertisement