Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Boom 2.0 ?

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Hobosan wrote: »
    To add to this, Bezos/Gates wealth is mostly tied up in investments. If those investments fail, their wealth will collapse. It's not like they have 100 billion in cash at hand. If they suddenly tried to cash in on all of their investments, their investments would become worthless, as selling off all of your investments naturally causes people to question their value particularly if they are stocks in your own bloody companies.

Their wealth is being put to work, along with most of the other top earners. It's so easy to repeat soundbites that imply one cares about the impoverished by virtue of one denouncing the wealthy.

I'd be very surprised if everybody in the top 10 doesn't have at least 95% of their money tied up in investments. They are good business people after all and any of their assets tied up in cash aren't performing. The cash is devaluing all the time and that's not something that an astute businessman/woman would be inclined to let happen.

I'd hazard a guess that the Saudi Royal Family probably have the most cash at hand. That's just a guess though.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,487 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

BattleCorp wrote: »

I'd hazard a guess that the Saudi Royal Family probably have the most cash at hand. That's just a guess though.
    I reckon a fair amount of their wealth is stored in wells

• Registered Users Posts: 4,789 ✭✭✭thomasj

"now that's what I call boom 2?"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Sunrise_Sunset

Every time I speak to a Customer Service Rep on my phone banking they offer me a loan. I don't even have much cash in the bank.

Boom boom boom, lemme hear ya say wayo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭xi5yvm0owc1s2b

Yes, when we can afford to spend €1.2 million on a roundabout, the boom is definitely back.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

There can be only one name....

Celtic tiger 2 : Electric Boogaloo.

Advertisement