Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why does Eir show such disrespect to its customers?

Options
  • 19-02-2019 5:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭

I'm currently on hold (for the third time in one call) and have been on the phone for 79 minutes so far to Eir (yes, one call) in an effort to get something resolved. 
    I have been transferred twice and have been assured both times that I was being transferred to the correct section.
    I have spent and continue to spend too much money on Eir to be treated like this. The disrespect that Eir shows to its customers by placing such a low value on their time is disgraceful.
    84 minutes in, still on hold.

Edit: 95 minutes now and I think I'm going to have to hang up.

Edit: 105 minutes now - can't afford to waste any more time. I can't ever remember wasting someone's time like this. Could not reflect more poorly on Eir and the value they place on their customers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 527 ✭✭✭eir: Linzi

schqually wrote: »
    I'm currently on hold (for the third time in one call) and have been on the phone for 79 minutes so far to Eir (yes, one call) in an effort to get something resolved. 
    I have been transferred twice and have been assured both times that I was being transferred to the correct section.
    I have spent and continue to spend too much money on Eir to be treated like this. The disrespect that Eir shows to its customers by placing such a low value on their time is disgraceful.

Edit: 105 minutes now - can't afford to waste any more time. I can't ever remember wasting someone's time like this. Could not reflect more poorly on Eir and the value they place on their customers.
    Hi schqually

eir customers are currently facing longer than normal, and longer than acceptable, wait times when contacting our Customer Care call centres. We apologise for this temporary situation and we appreciate our customers' patience as we continue to transition to our new call centres in Cork, Limerick and Sligo over the next few months and to a far better experience for all of eir's customers.

Many thanks

~Linzi

• Registered Users Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭paddy19

email them at

accountchange@eir.ie

Attach a recent bill for security verification and add date of birth.

Not suggesting that you will get better service but you'll save yourself a lot of time!

Also I like forwarding the emails with the 1st reminder, 2nd reminder etc... routine

Even Eir gets embarrassed after the 15th reminder.

Don't let them get you back on the phone.... they can promise you the stars and you have no record.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

eir: Linzi wrote: »
    schqually wrote: »

Hi schqually

eir customers are currently facing longer than normal, and longer than acceptable, wait times when contacting our Customer Care call centres. We apologise for this temporary situation and we appreciate our customers' patience as we continue to transition to our new call centres in Cork, Limerick and Sligo over the next few months and to a far better experience for all of eir's customers.

Many thanks

~Linzi
    Temporarily? This has been going on for at least the last 6months. It's really not your fault, but trying to masquerade what a clusterf-ck the call center in Eir is, doesn't help either. 

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Rodin

To answer the initial question, because the customers tolerate it.

Who has time to spend 105mins on hold?
    Switch provider.
    I quit Eircom 15 years ago because their customer service was abysmal. Haven't gone back.

Advertisement