Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Dog Food for fussy beagle

Options
  • 02-03-2021 3:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi,

I have a beagle cross who is almost 2 y/o and she has always been a fussy eater. At the moment I am giving her Gain (for her size) and mixing chicken/beef and sardines in so that she will eat it.

I have asked around and 2 friends are at either ends, one says she gives her dog Bakers as her dog just won't eat any of the better brands and the other friend says cheaper brands have sugar and are more like dog treats and to feed her better more nutritious brands.

I have tried Connollys Red Mills Winner lamb flavour (among others) and she didn't like it at all. I am sticking with dry complete dog food but I haven't found a brand she will eat without hassle.

Can anyone advise on half decent dog food they actually like!

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Knine

There is no not eating in my house! I'd put down the food & remove if not eaten. Don't offer anything until next feeding time. They will soon eat whatever you give them. Chopping & changing makes the dogs fussy.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭LenWoods

We have a beagle cross, he's neutered btw incase anyone is trolling for a potential breeding candidate.
    The breeder recommended gains big dog adult which we gave him until around six weeks ago when he won a competition in work for a picture of safety at home,
    My job gave us a bag of Gain's complete to award him for his demonstration.
    All said it seems to be doing better with his digestive system as his produce from the end is more consistent than with previous varient,

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Nikki333

Hi,

Just as an update, we got her sorted. Got some advice from Maxi Zoo who said their dog would only eat Maxi Zoo's own brand 'Premier' soft nuggets - chicken flavour. They are not cheap but it did the trick! She much preferred the softer food. No problems ever since. I'm not affiliated btw 😊 just wanted to let people know in case it helps others. 👍️

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Glad you got sorted OP but this is the way we roll here in this house too.

Advertisement