Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What sort or people listen to WLRFM

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭noby

Heard her say last Friday was her last drive time. Not sure if she's moving to another slot, or moving on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

Is Terese Anne finishing up this week?
    noby wrote: »
    Heard her say last Friday was her last drive time. Not sure if she's moving to another slot, or moving on.

Finished last Friday,and is leaving radio altogether according to her social media

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Gardner

Hi

Ye I heard Matt Keane was offered decent money to go to newstalks evening sports show but declined.

he was in his **** hahaha. nobody from WLR sports department is related to anyone of newstalk when it comes to professionalism

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭sitkaspruce

Finished last Friday,and is leaving radio altogether according to her social media

Sorry to hear that. She was good in the afternoon. I wonder who will take the slot?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

Sorry to hear that. She was good in the afternoon. I wonder who will take the slot?

Yeah she was good very easy to listen too and seems really genuine,id say Andy Mac will get it but they did advertise for a presenter a few weeks ago,Zoe Staunton is on late on the weekends and anytime i heard her she sounds to good to be in that slot,maybe she might be moved..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭sitkaspruce

Yeah she was good very easy to listen too and seems really genuine,id say Andy Mac will get it but they did advertise for a presenter a few weeks ago,Zoe Staunton is on late on the weekends and anytime i heard her she sounds to good to be in that slot,maybe she might be moved..

Best of luck to Terese Ann in her new ventures.

It would be great to hear Andy Mac on the afternoons again alright. He was brilliant on Beat and a great super sub when filling in for Geoff over the last few months.

Let's hope the next appointment is up to the job, they have big boots to fill.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭friendlyfun

I thought she was very good at her job.

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭jimbojazz

Gardner wrote: »
    he was in his **** hahaha. nobody from WLR sports department is related to anyone of newstalk when it comes to professionalism

Hahaha Matt Keane.

I remember one time he was doing a live traffic report form the Dunmore Road, saying how bad the traffic was. Only problem he was standing outside the Folly Church on the phone as I was driving past. And it was obvious he was broadcasting live, as he was talking to the presenter at the same time live on air.

You can't beat Live traffic reports

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭Flow Motion

jimbojazz wrote: »
    Hahaha Matt Keane.

I remember one time he was doing a live traffic report form the Dunmore Road, saying how bad the traffic was. Only problem he was standing outside the Folly Church on the phone as I was driving past. And it was obvious he was broadcasting live, as he was talking to the presenter at the same time live on air.

And I recall being stuck way back on the Ferrybank DC & had not moved an inch in @ least 5 mins wondering WTF was going on so I flicked on WLRfm only to hear Matt say "traffic moving well on both sides of the Bridge and down the Quays". :confused:

And I recall being stuck way back on the Ferrybank DC & had not moved an inch in @ least 5 mins wondering WTF was going on so I flicked on WLRfm only to hear Matt say "traffic moving well on both sides of the Bridge and down the Quays". :confused:

The Comical Ali of the broadcasting world:D:D:D:D

• Advertisement

Hahaha Matt Keane.

This was when he was covering all traffic in the city by himself? I'm sure he was getting updates from other people, so didn't have to be physically in every location.

Anyway, sport is where he excels, very knowledgeable, and friendly style.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

This was when he was covering all traffic in the city by himself? I'm sure he was getting updates from other people, so didn't have to be physically in every location.

The other chap who gives the sports updates on Wlffm speaks way too fast and stumbles over his words. Its like hes in a race with himself to get all the updates out in less than a minute.

Sorry Matt, but I'm positive you said you were on the Dunmore Road at the time not the Folly.

But I'll give you that your sporting knowledge is very good, more than makes up for you're ****e commentary:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Live traffic reports are a farce unless they have access to traffic flow cameras of which Waterford has none as far as I know.

Sorry Matt, but I'm positive you said you were on the Dunmore Road at the time not the Folly.

But I'll give you that your sporting knowledge is very good, more than makes up for you're ****e commentary:D:D

Rumbled... :):)

Rumbled... :):)

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Gardner

a gent but i concur :p

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Mugser

Given the choice I avoid listening to the the local radio stations like the plague! Beat is just constant noise and WLR is.... well the definition of tacky!, however, in work unfortunately that choice is not mine, rather annoying. Now, however difficult they were to endure before yesterday, they'll be completely insufferable now after they won some award yesterday. :eek::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Mugser wrote: »
    Given the choice I avoid listening to the the local radio stations like the plague! Beat is just constant noise and WLR is.... well the definition of tacky!, however, in work unfortunately that choice is not mine, rather annoying. Now, however difficult they were to endure before yesterday, they'll be completely insufferable now after they won some award yesterday. :eek::rolleyes::rolleyes:

To be fair, they win some awards every year. Along with every station, it seems, and they'll all be flogging it this week - listening to Newstalk on the way too work, and they have a rolling ad listing their eight awards.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

I don't think these radio awards mean a thing though, they have no clout. Its a closed shop and everyone knows everyone so all radio stations are bound to win an "award" at some point.
    If Beat FM can win an award (they are always banging on and on about being "IMRO" award winning), despite its broken record series of songs on a loop and transition year student news reporters, then the awards have no credibility.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,996 ✭✭✭iseegirls

True. Have you ever heard of such rubbish as getting a Silver or Bronze award for such awards. Looks like was 40 awards on offer on the night. Add in that you can get 1st,2nd, and 3rd in them - then 120 awards on offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Tarzann

The-Lunchbox-sidebar.png

Geoff 'the handyman' Harris

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭Flow Motion

Tarzann wrote: »
    The-Lunchbox-sidebar.png

Geoff 'the handyman' Harris

Does Geoff ever update his music? Dont listen to a lot of WLRfm myself but the mother always has it on! And sometimes I have to pinch myself to see if I am dreaming. Groundhog day on the turntable : heavy on 80's and a little bit of the 90's if yer lucky :pac:

To be fair, they win some awards every year. Along with every station, it seems, and they'll all be flogging it this week - listening to Newstalk on the way too work, and they have a rolling ad listing their eight awards.

Let me guess this like the Oscars for the local egos in radio

Does Geoff ever update his music? Dont listen to a lot of WLRfm myself but the mother always has it on! And sometimes I have to pinch myself to see if I am dreaming. Groundhog day on the turntable : heavy on 80's and a little bit of the 90's if yer lucky :pac:

The La's - "There she goes" must get played about three times a day probably because the lead singers family are from here, yet a Waterford born artist like Gilbert O'Sullivan is rarely on the airwaves and won't step foot in the city because last time he played the theatre Royal was half empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,999 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

The La's - "There she goes" must get played about three times a day probably because the lead singers family are from here, yet a Waterford born artist like Gilbert O'Sullivan is rarely on the airwaves and won't step foot in the city because last time he played the theatre Royal was half empty.

:) ..... so he does not play Waterford because the attendance (due to people not 'into' his music?) at his concert was small.
    So what?
    Lots of singers/bands/etc do not play here for similar reasons.

If his songs were popular and often requested then I am sure they would be played on the airwaves.

Next we will see someone complain because Val Doonican's songs are rarely played on air!
    Again, so what!

If they were popular they would be played.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,898 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Beat reminds me of depressing doctor waiting rooms and work place background noise

Often take a look at WLR podcasts and give them a listen if it interests me. Few on spotify and Speaker podcast app

:) ..... so he does not play Waterford because the attendance (due to people not 'into' his music?) at his concert was small.
    So what?
    Lots of singers/bands/etc do not play here for similar reasons.

If his songs were popular and often requested then I am sure they would be played on the airwaves.

Next we will see someone complain because Val Doonican's songs are rarely played on air!
    Again, so what!

If they were popular they would be played.

He had more success then the la's and their one-hit wonder will ever had. It's a shame Waterford basically snubbed O'Sullivan and continues to do so. He's has Waterford choirs back him even after that concert too.

I do the school run a couple of times a week - between 2-3pm, and often, but not exclusively, WLR is on the radio. Within that short window of time I've heard GO'S numerous times this year. So if he's being snubbed then I must be really lucky/unlucky to catch him so many times.

Separately, 'There She Goes' is one of the best songs ever written, and could never be overplayed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭Jerry Atrick

WLR is the absolute dregs now...shocking across the day. A major overhaul is required for this to become worth listening to again.

Advertisement