Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

100 euro reward if anyone wants to try fish out my drone for me - cork

Options
  • 23-01-2021 7:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Will throw 100 euro reward for anyone that wants go scuba diving for my drone on River Lee.
    Can send on the last gps location coordinates before it got in a fight with a tree near the river bank.
    Highly expect it would be a wasted effort though, if someone dose look for it. It's a dji mini 2 and those fkers are very light so wouldn't be surprised if it got carried with the current.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭skapegoat

Hypor wrote: »
    Will throw 100 euro reward for anyone that wants go scuba diving for my drone on River Lee.
    Can send on the last gps location coordinates before it got in a fight with a tree near the river bank.
    Highly expect it would be a wasted effort though, if someone dose look for it. It's a dji mini 2 and those fkers are very light so wouldn't be surprised if it got carried with the current.

I think you would be better off putting that 100e towards a new drone.
    Even of you get it back its most likely toasted the electronics and id be surprised if the recordings were on it after being submerged.
    Id say nothing would be salvageable.

Its an expensive lesson.
    Do you have it insured or covered with DJI?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,624 ✭✭✭Mad_Mike

skapegoat wrote: »
    I think you would be better off putting that 100e towards a new drone.
    Even of you get it back its most likely toasted the electronics and id be surprised if the recordings were on it after being submerged.
    Id say nothing would be salvageable.

Its an expensive lesson.
    Do you have it insured or covered with DJI?

I think you'd be better off put it towards a new drone also
    Once it's submerged, its very likely its gone beyond repair

Also, it looks like DJI won't cover it anyway even if they have DJI Care Refresh
    It's odd. The image below is from the website of what is NOT covered, but I purchased DJI Care Refresh recently and the email I received has a list of what is NOT covered, but the word water doesnt appear anywhere :confused:

From my email

3. Exclusions

The service does not cover:

1) Lost or partially lost product and accessories.

2) Stolen or abandoned product and accessories.

3) Damage caused by flight in unsuitable environments.

4) The remote controller or any accessories mounted to your product.

5) Deliberate losses.

6) Abrasions and shell damage that do not affect the performance of the product.

7) Direct or indirect losses caused by force majeure.

8) Replacement requests out of DJI Care Refresh’s period of validity.

9) Extra fees resulting from technical enhancements or performance improvements.

10) Damage resulting from unauthorized circuit restructuring, or the use of incompatible batteries and charger.

11) Damage caused by using your DJI product together with a non-DJI product or third-party accessory/software that is not authorized by DJI.

12) Damage resulting from using under-charged or defective batteries.

DJI-Care-Exclusions.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Hypor

Ahh thanks for that, thought water damage might have been covered. Thankfully it was just a mini2 beginner drone, already have a new one ordered so that 500 euro down the toilet.
    Here is the last video feed and gps location if yer looking for good laugh and how much a dope I am.
    Very good lesson though.
    imgur.com/a/inwqUNm
    imgur.com/a/s75JezI

You're never going to be covered for flying your drone into a tree.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Hypor

It was very strange, I think it was the wind that took it wouldn't strafe right, so had to turn manually to center it, but just ended up getting blown into the tree.

• Advertisement

Hypor wrote: »
    It was very strange, I think it was the wind that took it wouldn't strafe right, so had to turn manually to center it, but just ended up getting blown into the tree.

fair enough.

can be unlucky.

a gust can affect drones of course.

smaller ones more so obviously.

glasso wrote: »

The DJI Care Refresh package will actually cover you for that

1) Damage to aircraft, gimbal or camera due to dropping, compression, or crashing caused by operator error or accident, will be supported by the replacement service provided that the unit is sent to DJI within the period of validity.

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭stuff.hunter

..if you've got 3rd party insurance yes, got Coverdrone and it covers any kind of accidents even without retrieving drone from the water, all what they need is flight log

• Registered Users Posts: 2,885 ✭✭✭DuckSlice

Mad_Mike wrote: »
    The DJI Care Refresh package will actually cover you for that

1) Damage to aircraft, gimbal or camera due to dropping, compression, or crashing caused by operator error or accident, will be supported by the replacement service provided that the unit is sent to DJI within the period of validity.

Could they argue it was an unsuitable environment?

I purchased the DJI refresh in case I crash mine, hopefully i will never have to use it but if i do i would hope accidental damage would be covered.

..if you've got 3rd party insurance yes, got Coverdrone and it covers any kind of accidents even without retrieving drone from the water, all what they need is flight log

what's that insurance work out as a % of the equipment cost?

• Advertisement

etxp wrote: »
    Could they argue it was an unsuitable environment?

I purchased the DJI refresh in case I crash mine, hopefully i will never have to use it but if i do i would hope accidental damage would be covered.

Hard to know alright. Likewise, I took it out recently when I got my Mavic Mini, but hope I never have to test them on it! :D

what's that insurance work out as a % of the equipment cost?

its roughly 10%

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭TychoCaine

its roughly 10%

I only heard about Coverdrone after buying DJI Care Refresh for my mini, but I got a quote anyway, just to compare. It worked out ~ €5 more than DJI Care Refresh. It's certainly what I'll be buying in a few months when the DJI Care runs out.

TychoCaine wrote: »
    I only heard about Coverdrone after buying DJI Care Refresh for my mini, but I got a quote anyway, just to compare. It worked out ~ €5 more than DJI Care Refresh. It's certainly what I'll be buying in a few months when the DJI Care runs out.

Ive got both :)

Advertisement