Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Homeless mother forced to sleep in car

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭mick087

Panthro wrote: »
    Perhaps that's because I can afford to. ;)

Mick you seem like a good guy.
    Why don't you offer to put the damsel in distress up for a few nights at your gaff? Assuming you live within an assets roar of wherever said damsel wants to live, and it would be great if you also had a jacuzzi and room for a pony.

No im not good person im a human being

I have in the past had people stay at my place. sometimes people need a bit of help. Just slapping folk down is not good.

Many kids benefit from the company reasonability of taking care of a pony. long run a pony could help prevent kids going of the rails.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Bikerman2019

mick087 wrote: »
    How on earth can this happen?
    What type of society are we creating?

That poor woman kids and no home.
    I for one would not like to be in that position and if i was then id like to know help would be there.
    you are obviously not reading the same situation we are.
    She has arrears from her last house for unpaid rent, and now is whining she is homeless after turning down another place.

It is attitudes like yours that she is playing up to "that poooooor girl needs help" She is taking the mickey

• Registered Users Posts: 30,185 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Then lets give these kids a fair chance and remove this environment what ever that suppose to mean?

Lets have a equality and justice for all.
    Fairer education fairer housing fairer access to health.

Your right it wont change unless you go out and help instead of criticizing. We can all criticize but few will go out and help

See it’s a hard one to deal with in my opinion.
    They were offered a house but the mother refused it. So she was offered help. Not everybody get to live where they want all around the World.
    Then what do you do?
    Remove the kids from the mother and put them into care? Would that help?
    It’s just a hard situation to deal with in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭endacl

What’s the politically correct way of saying ‘fcuk her’?

Ah she's a bit too late. Her fellow traveller, of the Cash clan, has used these photocall options up already. Little Ms Joyce (who shouldn't be offered a house if she's in arrears in the first place) should start with the weepy eyes and see can she find a father for her five kids, or go back to the Council begging for the house they already offered her.

She deserves neither, though, in my opinion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Foweva Awone

Title should not be "forced to sleep in car", it should be "chooses to sleep in car." She's a house there for the taking and doesn't want it. Ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,229 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

I'm going to avoid reading anything to do with this story or thread for my sanity.

Happy Thursday.

you are obviously not reading the same situation we are.
    She has arrears from her last house for unpaid rent, and now is whining she is homeless after turning down another place.

It is attitudes like yours that she is playing up to "that poooooor girl needs help" She is taking the mickey

Yes im reading the same as you but i have not spoke to her i dont know the real situation. But innocent to proven guilty.

Its attitudes like mine you would want if you or any of your kin would want if you was to fall on bad times. Its attitudes like yours you yourself would not want to come across.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,185 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Yes im reading the same as you but i have not spoke to her i dont know the real situation. But innocent to proven guilty.

Its attitudes like mine you would want if you or any of your kin would want if you was to fall on bad times. Its attitudes like yours you yourself would not want to come across.

I hope my family would take the house they were offered instead of demanding one exactly where they want.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,574 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

Then lets give these kids a fair chance and remove this environment what ever that suppose to mean?

Lets have a equality and justice for all.
    Fairer education fairer housing fairer access to health.

Your right it wont change unless you go out and help instead of criticizing. We can all criticize but few will go out and help

We all go out and help by working hard and paying taxes to fund houses that her and Cash and the Thurles mob turn down.

• Advertisement

But everything reported is what she told us. She made the decision to sleep in a car even though she’s told us she was offered accommodation.

Child services really need to act on behalf of the children here and take them into a safe environment. The mother isn’t doing her parental duty by them.

See it’s a hard one to deal with in my opinion.
    They were offered a house but the mother refused it. So she was offered help. Not everybody get to live where they want all around the World.
    Then what do you do?
    Remove the kids from the mother and put them into care? Would that help?
    It’s just a hard situation to deal with in my opinion.

Yes this does seem to be a difficlt one that i agree. But we must believe her at her word at the moment.

She might have a good reason for not wanting that house.
    Remove the kids thats madness.
    Some people do extreme things to bring attention to there situation and many times this could be one. Then again maybe she might be playing us for a fool.
    Put yourself in her situation how would you like to be treated?

• Registered Users Posts: 31,831 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

She was offered a house...didn't like the location....so turned it down despite having a car.
    She is also in rental arrears to the council.

Sorry very little sympathy (bar for her poor kids) far more deserving people e.g. people who work

You shouldn't expect to be given a house by the council in whatever location you want, simple as that. Where is the husband at?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭Higgins5473

What’s the best thing about this story? It seems like we are heading back to the usual shįte in same ole Ireland.

What’s the worst thing about this story? It seems like we are heading back to the usual shįte in same ole Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭WrenBoy

Yes this does seem to be a difficlt one that i agree. But we must believe her at her word at the moment.

She might have a good reason for not wanting that house.
    Remove the kids thats madness.
    Some people do extreme things to bring attention to there situation and many times this could be one. Then again maybe she might be playing us for a fool.
    Put yourself in her situation how would you like to be treated?

Id love some help like a free house in Cashel.

But everything reported is what she told us. She made the decision to sleep in a car even though she’s told us she was offered accommodation.

Child services really need to act on behalf of the children here and take them into a safe environment. The mother isn’t doing her parental duty by them.

She i would say slept in the car to highlight the situation.
    The only way for you to understand emergency accommodation is to spend a night in it , then tell me you think its suitable for someone let alone a mother with kids. That's not having a go its something you should try before criticizing.
    I would without question say that them kids even i that car was in a much safer environment than any goverment child services could provide.

The only way for you to understand emergency accommodation is to spend a night in it , then tell me you think its suitable for someone let alone a mother with kids. That's not having a go its something you should try before criticizing.
    I would without question say that them kids even i that car was in a much safer environment than any goverment child services could provide.
    She slept in the car to try and get a house be honest.

She is in arrears to the council already and has been offered a home but turned it down due to location.....what more do you want exactly?

I am sorry but zero sympathy for her.

WrenBoy wrote: »
    Id love some help like a free house in Cashel.

Yes we all might require help or know someone that does somewhere down the line in life. It would be good to know such help was there and folk didnt require to go to desperate measures to be counted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

Spread your legs we'll give you a house , thats it

First prioity for me and 99.9 % on payday is to have rent/mortgage money , not these degenerates

Know quite a few families like these , spend fortunes on xbox / ps4 and ipads but can't afford their own place ?

They have it handy

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

She was offered a 3 bed house fully paid for by the state an hours drive from her parents.

She refused it.

She then brazenly and cynically used her children to manipulate public sentiment so she can get a better house.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭timetogo1

If a family has to sleep in a car is there not any steps that can be taken to take the kids into care. Obviously the parent is not able to look after them properly and the kids should be looked after until the parents situation improves. (Rather than bounce them all to the top of a queue because a newspaper wants a catchy article).

• Registered Users Posts: 15,742 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

"Joyce" you say?

Hardly related to one of our literary greats, the other Joyce's I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

timetogo1 wrote: »
    If a family has to sleep in a car is there not any steps that can be taken to take the kids into care. Obviously the parent is not able to look after them properly and the kids should be looked after until the parents situation improves. (Rather than bounce them all to the top of a queue because a newspaper wants a catchy article).

Her Kids be doing this when of age

Vicious circle

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭timetogo1

Her Kids be doing this when of age

Vicious circle

As it stands now, yes. But if they were taken into care their situation may improve.
    And I know Ireland doesn't have a good reputation of the state looking after children. But before we fall back on that maybe we could try and improve the situation. Ah feck, again, I know that'd probably need a quango and years of work to basically do nothing. :mad:

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    Every waster in Ireland is in arrears in council houses. They get rent relief which instead of paying the rent they spend. Then don’t pay the rent

The rent should be taken at source so the waster doesn’t get it
    Dublin city council released figured not that long ago.
    60 percent in arrears...20 percent over 6 months in arrears.
    Sure why bother if pretty much zero chance of being kicked out?!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,515 ✭✭✭golfball37

Cashel to Nenagh is not just down the road. Just to play devils advocate here. If her kids are going to school there it’s insane to be living that far away.

I’m no way saying she should be entitled to everything she wants but she is within her rights to say no.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,032 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

"Joyce" you say?
    Hardly related to one of our literary greats, the other Joyce's I'd say.

Maybe they are part of the Joyce country ceili band? Playing away and they're doing grand? They're singing a song won't you give them a hand?

gmisk wrote: »
    She slept in the car to try and get a house be honest.

She is in arrears to the council already and has been offered a home but turned it down due to location.....what more do you want exactly?

I am sorry but zero sympathy for her.

Oh yes i do believe that she did sleep in the car to highlight her problem and maybe get a house.

Arrears well if she had no job and wasn't working then you should not be paying rent for a council house. i for one would not be able live on social welfare alone let alone pay towards rent to.

i get the zero sympathy but my guess is your or no one you know has been in such a unfortunate situation so you wouldn't have any sympathy.
    What if it was you ? what if this was your daughter or sister? Ok its not going to happen. But if it does?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,149 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Yes we all might require help or know someone that does somewhere down the line in life. It would be good to know such help was there and folk didnt require to go to desperate measures to be counted.

the help was there. she turned down the help provided to her.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Cal4567 wrote: »
    Failure by all governments here not to deduct at source. Seems the sensible solution and even more so if you have arrears. What actually happens if the arrears are there years and years? Do they just get written off in the end? Anyone know?

Written off...

Advertisement