Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Coveney's Merc's & Perks

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,426 ✭✭✭maestroamado

KiKi III wrote: »
    Has anyone notified Joe Duffy?

I think if i was on his salary i would skip that one...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

KiKi III wrote: »
    Has anyone notified Joe Duffy?

SSSSSSSHHHHHH. He'll want one as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

sligojoek wrote: »
    SSSSSSSHHHHHH. He'll want one as well.

I think you will find Joe is doing a lot better out of the Irish than anyone in government

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

"The bleedin guberment wasting our money on themselves, blah, blah, blah, fat cats, troughs, etc"

Your money? So you pay tax Mr. 'always outraged at everything'?

"Well I gets me social, is that taxed"

This same old hackneyed crap about a rented Gov car - you want to tackle wasted money? Trust me there are much better & more logical places to go - but you wont because it's not populist enough

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,498 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

All the government could do with pay cuts and perks taken away, too generous is Ireland

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    All the government could do with pay cuts and perks taken away, too generous is Ireland

Everyone living off the tax payer could

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,921 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

Everyone living off the tax payer could

Not all welfare claimants are spongers though. I think most people would agree that a lot of Lone parents claimants are really taking the piss having children to avoid working 7 years per child and it should be capped to two children maximum up to each child turns 2 years of age.

But note that there are people on Disability Allowance with very severe mental health problems, intellectual disabilities or physically disabled. These poor people deserve a hell of a lot more. People on jobseekers benefit too have contributed to the state and it’s not fair that it’s only marginally more than the Jobseekers allowance payment.

Fianna Fáil and the Greens shamefully cut these poor people’s DA by €18. The Labour Party tried to cut this allowance for the under 25s.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭reubenreuben

If the germans use mercs, brits use jags, french use renault then here you go

The shamrock

https://img2.thejournal.ie/inline/3284093/original/?width=630&version=3284093

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Didn't Simon vow not to accept a car/driver if he was kept on as a minister?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

McMurphy wrote: »
    Didn't Simon vow not to accept a car/driver if he was kept on as a minister?

Quick check his expenses :p

Advertisement