Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Kaleidoscope 2021

• 10-12-2020 5:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭

KALEIDOSCOPE is BACK on 25 - 27 June 2021!

If anyone isn't planning on going this year I would really appreciate an early bird code if it's on offer this year, I realise there actually might not be early bird this year considering people held onto their tickets from last year.

Will be my not quite here yet 6 months old babies first fest.

Same weekend as Glastonbury so hopefully some nice acts might pop over the water.

Roll on summer!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 855 ✭✭✭corm500

Looking for a spare code too please

Seems like the website has crashed. Anyone have any joy getting one?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

corm500 wrote: »
    Seems like the website has crashed. Anyone have any joy getting one?

did you just use the website or did you have an early access link/code?

did you just use the website or did you have an early access link/code?

Just the website.

corm500 wrote: »
    Just the website.

Same as. Maybe we are jumping the gun,

I haven't heard of any communications going out about a presale, haven't bought before so not on a ticketmaster loyalty email list, only signed up to their mailing list.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Str8outtaWuhan

if anyone has a spare code pm me , thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 812 ✭✭✭gandalfio

Is this cancelled yet? Hardly going ahead in 5 weeks time. No word on their social media accounts.

hoping it's rescheduled for next year. Without Gavin James and Basement Jaxx DJ Set as headliners. Not a huge fan of Divine Comedy but it could be fun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,089 ✭✭✭Patser

Inevitable really, but postponed again for a year

https://amp.rte.ie/amp/1223570/

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

really good festival, shame its on backburner again

• Advertisement

Looks to be on and running this year, but worrying that with 7 weeks to go their line up still has Sunday Headliner TBA and their Friday Headliner is a Today FM dj (I like Dec Pierce but for a festival I'd expect something more, even a 'kids' festival

I don't think Dec Pierce is a headliner. It looks like headliners are James Morrison, Feeder and whoever the TBA is.

Maybe, at the moment he is the placeholder on the top line - and the 2020 Kaleidoscope line up was Bassment Jaxx DJ set.

Whole line up seems very thin, considering there should be a Main stage, a large tent and a few smaller venues to fill. I mean, again all due respect, but Dublin Gospel Choir are number 8 on their line up. They are normally the sort of thing that's on at 3pm Saturday or Sunday as crowds are drifting around. King Kong Company were brilliant in the tent last time, but can't see them as main stage act. Line up is still incredibly bare for a festival in 7 weeks, that's being pushed a lot on radio ads

Edit: Also any chance a mod can change thread title to 2022?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

Can you buy one day tickets for this? All I can see on the site for sale are 3 day camping tickets?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,158 ✭✭✭Lost Ormond

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 604 ✭✭✭bobbyg

They must have read this thread, day tickets now on sale and Divine Comedy added

I see The Pale and Frank and Walters also added, possibly as part of Jerry Fishs Circus (that was brilliant last time)

Maybe this thread has magical powers........... The Prodigy would be a great act to add and a Dad's only club with football on big screens, x boxes and someone at the door denying they ever seen you

Day line ups out now, Saturday looking good and full, Sunday a perfect line up to wind down to but Friday is very empty and Block Rocking Beats is the headline.......again perfect as a disco in the tent but as headline act on a stage? I'm not convinced.

Again I test the Gods of this thread, get Wild Youth or some such energetic band on board.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,878 ✭✭✭SteM

Adult and kids day tickets the same price, is this the usual situation?

• Advertisement

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,151 ✭✭✭✭beertons

2 weeks to go. Was looking forward to it 2 years ago. Not so much now. But the kids are a bit older, 9 & 11, they should be able for 1 late night.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭chopser

Hi , where did you see the day by day lineup?cant find it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

Any chance you can post the day by day lineup links here?

Im not on Facebook.

Thanks.

Great stuff.

Saturday looks great, but I knew Feeder and King Kong Kompany would overlap - natural enough as both are headliners respectively.

Friday is empty - 10 acts in total, over 3 stages. Fair enough as people may be arriving but you can start arriving Thursday, so what do you do. And still can't get over the fact the headliner is a radio dj probably doing his show live.... it's like beat on the street.

Sunday also empty, 11 acts.... and the likes of the Mariachi band played on the Jerry Fish tent in 2019, went to see them, they were cool and quirky but not main stage act. Same with gospel choir. Organisers have really struggled to get acts for this.

Sunday times now up in Facebook, and solution to low act numbers is that everything closes up around 8pm except a farewell Dj on Main Stage.

I suppose a lot of families will head off as there's school next day, but it's now at 3 day 4 night festival that doesn't start til late Friday and finishes up early Sunday.

• Advertisement

Still though the day ticket for the Saturday I think is a good option? What time can you start arriving on the Saturday does anyone know?

Yep Saturday looks very good.

Access open from 9am, as per their Facebook. Just make sure you buy a car park ticket as well as festival ticket.

Things (activities) did start early in 2019 I remember, as you do have families camping there looking for things to do. So it is a full day out

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Cerdito

Anyone who's been to this in the past: is there much going on from early morning? Debating camping with my kids, but they're usually up before 7am, would there be loads of time to kill?

Looks from the FAQ's that you are allowed bring alcohol into the venue itself. Anyone confirm this?

From what I remember from 2019, and from their website.

You can bring your own alcohol in with your tent, and drink in the campsite but not really allowed into festival site, but 2 things - 1. No-one was searched going in, so most people had cans or wine with them 2. It is a family event, so nearly everyone had kids, so weren't getting that drunk.

Just seemed to be an unwritten rule, of go with the flow as long as your not getting messy. So I remember when Imelda May was playing, decent weather, picnic blankets everywhere, people sipping wines or beers, kids running around but no one getting locked.

That said I remember people complaining about late night noisy drinkers in campsite - rule was meant to be no noise after 12. We slept ok (young kid) but there were definitely some grumpy heads next morning between those who wanted to sleep and those who'd stayed up.

4 x free Saturday day tickets available to a good home, just PM me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 276 ✭✭Lester Freamon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,914 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Fair play. I do love the recycling that goes on in these music threads.

I'm not too proud to say, that despite my reservations, Dec Pierce was brilliant tonight. Perfect blend of nostalgia tracks for 40 year old like me, and dance tracks for kids.

Dec, if you're listening, you had me at Out of Space

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭writhen

Yes he was very good.

Jesus - that was a wild night. Thought the tent was going to lift at one stage!

Arriving later on. How cold did it get overnight? Are vendors accepting cash and card?

• Advertisement

Yep, very wet night! But forecast for today has improved a lot, no sign of rain for almost all the day. It will be breezy and fresh though.

Last night did get cold, the heavy rain took any heat out of the air.

Vendors mostly accepting both, 1 did ask for cash but all the rest had card machines

Any idea what time the first bands are on? We bought a Saturday ticket so we should be there for about 12 or so.

Is there much else to do bar the fairground until the bands come on?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭smallgarden

I was freezing last night, proper shivering, fully clothed with a sleeping bag and blanket and I'm not normally a cold person. It lashed rain and was super windy most of last night. They've had to replace a large amount of tents in pink moon. Woke up to massive puddles and anything in the middle of the tent soaked. The tent opposite had water pool that they had to cut the tent to release the water. Our tent ripped and was one of a large chunk of ripped tents. They put up replacement tents for us. The gazebo for haidryers/charging took flight and landed on people's tents a few rows over at around 2 in the morning. Hoping tonight won't be as bad 🤞

No issue bringing whatever you want drinkwise into the arena.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭chases0102

Very windy and quite cold today but overall goood vibes!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,151 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Our tent had a few leaks, so we went back to Naas areir. Fresh sheets on the bed, and showered. Bliss.

Saw no bands yesterday, got a bit of Kilo belting out a few tunes, before the kids said it was too loud.

Dec Pierce was the only one we saw on Friday. Awesome set list, took a video of my young one doing a boogie to it, tweeted Dec that she thinks he's class.

What was the weather like areir?

It was wet and windy again last night but the new tent wasn't as cold and no puddles or obvious leaks this morning. Nice to have dry shoes as all my shoes got soaked the first night from the leaks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,914 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Ah lads. It sounds hellish.

I wouldn't be recommending pink moon anyways. The tents were very poor quality and most either leaked heavily, ripped or collapsed. Much preferred the first Kaleidoscope. Really enjoyed it. Think it was much better run. There didn't seem to be as much toilets and sinks in the main campsite as the first year. It is a nice family festival but don't think I'll be rushing back.

Back home now, and we loved it. Up on higher ground near Bumfuzzle sign and had no problem with our tent, despite to desperate overnight weather.

Our daughter loves all the arts and crafts stuff down in Wonderland, so bands did become secondary. But Dec Pierce on Friday evening in surprisingly good weather and King King Company in the tent last night were both brilliant. Caught a few other acts like Tadgh, Bobbi Arlo and Tim Chadwick (he was good). My Wife went over to see Ryan Sheridan on Main stage when it was sunny and loved the chilled out vibe. A Friend who is a big Feeder fan, gave up on them halfway through as weather was awful and atmosphere gone as people left.

Don't think I seen any act today.

But arts and craft set up was good, things like bug guy with scorpions, Cartoon Saloon talking about animation, making stuff with cardboard- all the bigger attraction to our kid than bands. That and the people dressed up as characters that were drifting around the site.

And given the awful forecast for the weekend, we stayed dry throughout. The real rain fell overnight, still nothing got too mucky, nothing ever felt too crowded, kids were playing everywhere and my Daughter kept making new friends at every event.

So we'll be back

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭writhen

Pink Moon were an absolute shambles. I saw on Facebook that they were looking for staff for the weekend. I was told they had the local scouts in putting up replacement tents.

• Advertisement
Advertisement