Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

National Lottery App

Options
  • 23-11-2020 10:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,319 ✭✭✭

I have the lottery app on my iPhone 7. Over the last few days, everytime I open the phone, the App is launched and the home page showing on the screen.

Call me an old cynic but this strikes me as an underhand ploy by the lottery people to make me think, ‘oh look, what a coincidence, I must enter’.

Does this happen to anyone else and how do I stop it?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

I have the lottery app on my iPhone 7. Over the last few days, everytime I open the phone, the App is launched and the home page showing on the screen.

Call me an old cynic but this strikes me as an underhand ploy by the lottery people to make me think, ‘oh look, what a coincidence, I must enter’.

Does this happen to anyone else and how do I stop it?

Have the lotto app years now. It has never done what your saying.
    Sounds like a bug in the phone/app/your set up.

Delete and reinstall.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

Public iOS apps on the App Store aren't allowed auto launch, so this isn't something the app developers could have made the app do. As Gumbo said, sounds like a glitch.

(The Guided Access feature allows you to lock a particular app to the screen, and disallow access to any others, but this is a specific feature you have to enable, you couldn't be able to just exit out of the app and use others, and you get messaging on the screen that it's on).

Advertisement