Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

returning Sky Q equipment

• 17-11-2020 3:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,973 ✭✭✭

I had a trial of Sky Q and I'm returning equipment.

The Sky installer replaced my lnb with a hybrid to allow the q to work and allow my tvs to operate separate stellite tuners in built in the tvs.

So now I notice my main tv freesat box won't work because Sky are not reinstating my Lnb to it's original status.

The sky installer also appears to have taken my original lnb.

Did anyone else have these issues? The original dish and lnb was my property

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,562 ✭✭✭swoofer

A hybrid should have 6 outputs and all can be used for freesat!! Are the tv's still working?

Installers always take lnb's as they can be re-used for private work or repairs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,642 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

swoofer wrote: »
    A hybrid should have 6 outputs and all can be used for freesat!! Are the tv's still working?

The newer Sky hybrids have 2 fixed wideband outputs and 4 legacy outputs, if this is a recent install it could be one of these.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,973 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

The Cush wrote: »
    The newer Sky hybrids have 2 fixed wideband outputs and 4 legacy outputs, if this is a recent install it could be one of these.

It usa recent install and yes it has 6 outputs.

So if I get up to the dish I should be able to swap a cable over within the hybrid lnb?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,642 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

IrishHomer wrote: »
    It usa recent install and yes it has 6 outputs.

So if I get up to the dish I should be able to swap a cable over within the hybrid lnb?

If you have free outputs just swap them over. If you can, while up there, get the model no. of the LNB?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12 Alex Sky Doctor

First two connections on newer Hybrid LHB (those closer to the arm) are for Q (one of it is colored green).
    Another 2 of 4 - Sky HD/FTA.
    So, it shoud work without any problem.

• Advertisement
Advertisement