Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ariva ATV Combo - No RTE1/2 HD

Options
  • 10-11-2020 10:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Hi all,

Got this box from Harvey Norman today, and set it up with Saorview and freesat. All gone well, and have channels up, except cant find RTE 1/2 HD channels on the EPG. Anyone have any ideas why??

Regards
    Chris

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,170 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Do you have any of the Virgin Channels or TG4 showing?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 chrisdj_sa

Yes I do.

hmm wonder if I understand it now. It is an android box, and to watch the tv part you launch an app called Live Channel. I wonder if that the reason why it not getting the HD channels. It picks up the freesat HD channels just not the terrestrial.

Will keep on investigating, although I am sure other android boxes would have shown the same issue if so.

Chris

• Registered Users Posts: 81,170 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Looks like it's not receiving the channels via the Ariva box at all.

So what I understand, is that its an app that interface with the tuners, so it seems to be an app issue. Its handy as the box can do netflix, amazon prime, IPTV and all the sorts on its own, and missing RTE HD is not the end of the world. Just takes a bit of adjusting to a slightly different viewing experience.

Thanks for the help at least.

Chris

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭gonzo1

I'm not familiar with that box but I do have the older versions of the Ariva

You're right the IPTV is an app but it is normally a paid for service to watch Tv via the internet like the sports channels, movie channels if that's what you want,

But you should be able to tune in both the Saorview channels and the Free to Air Channels if you have both a dish and a suitable Aerial plugged into the back and combine all of them into one EPG ( electronic programme guide )

As you mentioned the extra apps are handy to have on the same box when you need them such as Netflix, youtube, Etc.

How are you viewing the Virgin Media Channels + TG4 on the box?

There should be an option for "Live TV" or something similar on the home screen to watch all the live channels

Here is a video of the older Ferguson Ariva 254 from freetv.ie to give you an idea

https://www.freetv.ie/ferguson-ariva-254/

Advertisement