Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New combo box - RTE1 tuning issues

Options
  • 16-10-2020 7:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭

Wondering can anybody help or advise with this problem.

I got a new Amiko Mini Combo extra to replace a rather elderly similar box. Set up the new box tuned in all the satellite and Saorview channels. No problems with any of the channels except RTE1, Virgin Media 3 and those on the same frequency. No getting any reception / poor signal.

On the new box the frequency after auto scan is DVB-T 586000 8MZH whereas on the old box it is coming up as DVB-T 570000 8MZH and working perfectly.

Anybody know what is going on here or how I can fix it? Many thanks Mav

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭Elvis Hammond

I assume you're in or near Dublin?

570 MHz would be from the Three Rock transmitter, while 586 is Kippure. If the box hasn't also saved the Three Rock channels somewhere, you'll probably need to manually tune them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭Mav11

I assume you're in or near Dublin?

570 MHz would be from the Three Rock transmitter, while 586 is Kippure. If the box hasn't also saved the Three Rock channels somewhere, you'll probably need to manually tune them.

Thanks Elvis Hammond. Yes Dublin. I ran a TP edit and scan for 570. The 586's have all disappeared but I can't seem to find RTE1 etc on the channel list???? I think that they were saved, but where?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭Mav11

Got it sorted. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 9 sickofcovid

Always use Germany for default in Ireland not UK

Advertisement