Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sub woofer fuse issue

Options
  • 10-09-2020 5:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,106 ✭✭✭✭

So turned on my TV this morning noticed no bass sub had gone. Changed fuse in the plug tried different plug even put the plug into something else and it worked but still no power to the sub. So someone mentioned to me about the fuse in the sub possibly been gone.
    So on the back of the sub it says fuse T1.6AL250V the fuse inside says 5KT1.6AL250V
    So I went and bought new 1.6 amp fuses installed one still doesn't work.

I just checked the new ones and they say F1.6AL250V have I bought the wrong ones?

Ok from what I can see I bought fast blow fuses instead of slow. I'll get the slow and hopefully this should correct the issue??

Is there anything else I could be overlooking here?
    I just checked the new ones and they say F1.6AL250V have I bought the wrong ones?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

Is the Sub blowing the fuse you replaced ? Is the original fuse open circuit ?
    What is the make/model of the Subwoofer ?

Many Subs use a Class D amplifier module and are fairly bomb proof. An issue I had recently with a Mission Sub was the smoothing caps had leaked and gone short circuit blowing the internal fuse. Replacing the caps fixed it.

Ken

• Registered Users Posts: 13,106 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

ZENER wrote: »
    Is the Sub blowing the fuse you replaced ? Is the original fuse open circuit ?
    What is the make/model of the Subwoofer ?

Many Subs use a Class D amplifier module and are fairly bomb proof. An issue I had recently with a Mission Sub was the smoothing caps had leaked and gone short circuit blowing the internal fuse. Replacing the caps fixed it.

Ken

It's a Wharfedale wh-d8. I ended up replacing it as every fuse I was installing didn't work. I'm not even sure they where blowing each time. One way or another there was no power. I'm not sure about open circuit.

I have it boxed away now ill maybe look into getting it fixed sometime and sell it on.

Advertisement