Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Microsoft office on android/Quick office

Options
  • 23-09-2012 10:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭

Hi all, just wondering if anyone has used android apps like quickoffice for creating/editing microsoft office documents on tablets. Do they work well? Contemplating getting an Asus Infinity but I need the ability to make and edit office files.

Still debating between an ultrabook or the infinity. I have a reasonably new laptop but it is not all that portable and a huge thirst for power and I need something portable with a long life.

So does anyone have any hands on experience with these types of apps?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭swampy353

Fairly sure that the infinity has polaris office preloaded on it. Havent used it a huge amount but it has done what i needed when i needed it

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭invaderjim

Cool, thanks for the info. Did not know that it came with polaris. Just wanted some other opinions on functionality before I spent a huge amount of money.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,684 ✭✭✭waynegalway

swampy353 wrote: »
    Fairly sure that the infinity has polaris office preloaded on it. Havent used it a huge amount but it has done what i needed when i needed it

Agree

Cheers lads. Now I just have to decide if I really want an infinity transformer or an XPS 13.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,270 ✭✭✭✭fits

Microsoft's own surface will be out end of october. If office functionality is so important...

• Advertisement

Would be interested to try one out when they are released alright. So far though I really like the look of the infinity but they do have a hefty price tag, especially when you can get a 4GB RAM 256GB SSD i5 xps13 for an extra €150 or so from the dell outlet stores.

I just have to decide what type of functionality I want I suppose.

Advertisement