Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Calls going to voicemail very quickly

Options
  • 22-04-2010 3:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭

Any other Android users exeriencing this?

My HTC Legend is proving difficult to get to calls in time, seems like a window of only a few seconds before voicemail kicks in.

Have my phone sitting right in front of me and have have still managed to miss the last few calls, driving me mad!

Any way to change this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

Change the divert timeout?

• Registered Users Posts: 55,452 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

flynnduism wrote: »
    Any way to change this?

Read the first post in the Hero/Android FAQ sticky at the top of the forum. The answer is in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭flynnduism

Mr E wrote: »
    Read the first post in the Hero/Android FAQ sticky at the top of the forum. The answer is in there.

Ah, thanks!

This thread can be deleted, sorry about that

• Registered Users Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Rasmus

Hi,
    I have tried the system on the Hero checklist several times now, and although I get the "MMI Code Started" message, it keeps saying 'connection problem or wrong MMI code'. Any ideas about what I can do? It's not my signal as I tried making a call which was fine. I am with meteor.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭RDMH

Rasmus wrote: »
    Hi,
    I have tried the system on the Hero checklist several times now, and although I get the "MMI Code Started" message, it keeps saying 'connection problem or wrong MMI code'. Any ideas about what I can do? It's not my signal as I tried making a call which was fine. I am with meteor.
    Thanks

Yep, I had the same problem, this worked for me http://www.mobilefun.co.uk/blog/2009/03/make-your-phone-ring-for-longer-before-going-to-voicemail/, the problem with what's on the above post is that you are not putting in the correct voice mail number (i.e. just your phone number).

Actually, just follow these instructions (which come from the above website):

How Do I Make My iPhone Ring Longer?

1.Dial *#61# and touch Call.

2.Jot down the phone number displayed on the screen. This is where your voicemail calls are directed to (as shown in the screenshot below).

3.Dial **61*(THE NUMBER YOU WROTE DOWN)**30# and press Call.
    Your Phone should now ring longer — that is, for the full 30-second duration of your ringtone. To verify that your voicemails are still being sent to the correct place, repeat step 1 and check that the phone number matches

Hope this helps

• Advertisement

Fantastic, RDMH. Great post.
    That'll be going in the FAQ update.

Your voicemail number is just your phone number with a '5' after the 08X bit, you don't need to dial to see it.

**61*08X5XXXXXXX**30#

Not for all networks, Justin.

Mr E wrote: »
    Not for all networks, Justin.

Ooops, sorry. Cheers.

EDIT: Just 02, Meteor and Vodafone? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 307 ✭✭artielange

I am assuming you can change the length time to your liking? Is there a default for never or will 10000000000000000000000000 work? Thanks:)

• Advertisement

As far as I know, 30 is the maximum.

Advertisement