Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

USB audio out on Galaxy S3

Options
  • 17-09-2012 4:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi all,

I've been a long-time iPhone user. I'm due an upgrade now though and I'm thinking of switching to the Galaxy S3. Fairly sold on all the features and it's much better priced than I presume the iPhone 5 will be. There's just one thing that I'm not sure about.

I have a JVC KD-R801 head-unit in my car. It's iPod/iPhone compatible and it reads pen drives. I've tried with my friend's Xperia Arc and it also supports Android once the phone is placed in USB mass storage mode. I know that the Galaxy S3 only supports MTC and not UMS, but I've also read that it's one of the few Android devices with USB audio out (don't really want to go booting the phone for the first few months to add UMS - just in case I need the warranty!).

I'm not sure however if this is compatible with the DAC in my head-unit. I've read that some DACs are compatible while others are not. The DAC in the head-unit is a TI/Burr-Browwn 24-bit unit (not sure of the model). Does anyone here know if the two are compatible?

Also, from what I've read, it looks like version 4.1 Jelly Bean does support USB audio out. If the drivers already on the phone aren't compatible with my radio, do you think this update might be a solution?

Apologies for the long first post, and thanks for any help in advance! :)

Comments

Advertisement