Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best android phone with a 4" screen?

• 19-09-2012 8:42am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,202 ✭✭✭✭

Im finding the screen on my SGS3 too big to be honest, id rather something a little more one hand friendly.

Is the HTC ONE S the only show in town, or is there anything else?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Galaxy SII?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,202 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

draffodx wrote: »
    Galaxy SII?

nah too old hat, had one ages ago :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Cyrus wrote: »
    Im finding the screen on my SGS3 too big to be honest, id rather something a little more one hand friendly.

I'm in the same boat, looking for a new phone but the S3 and One X are too big.

The One S is a good choice, though it lacks a hard Home key like the Galaxy S series. One alternative is to root it and edit your ROM to get the phone to wake on Volume Rocker press. This has worked very well for my current Desire HD. (though the option was included in my current ROM (Jelly Time V7)).

The Galaxy S Advance has the same form factor as the original Galaxy S, but a dual core processor.

I'm currently waiting for the Motorola RAZR i to get into shops here so I can have a feel of it. It's thinner than the S3, has a 4.3" SAMOLED screen with a very small bezel. The processor seems quite good too.

Other than that I've been looking at Xperia phones, but they are usually pretty thick, <10mm. The SL would be the one I'd be looking at mostly.
    Also in my sights is the Orange San Degio. You'd have to import then root, but it does look quite nice, with a button on the bottom right side for camera/wake.

And finally...
    /que dramatic music
    The iPhone 5. I want to have a feel of that one too. And have a poke around iOS 6 before I write it off completely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 943 ✭✭✭kenyard

RAZR i sounds like a decent phone but theyre saying battery life might struggle a bit... they quoted it at 20 hours though, so i guess thats more than enough for a normal day since most people charge them overnight anyway...
    looks a smashing phone to me anyway, and will get the jellybeans soon too.
    nice 2ghz processor too, highest ever in a phone, and with so much optimised for only 1-2 cores, seems a good option, but fairly expensive still

tbh the spec on the galaxy s2 is still up there with a lot of phones nowadays.. you may as well go with the new iphone for screensize suggested, if price isnt an issue
    EDIT: just realised im gonna get slated to hell for even suggesting that in the android forum :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

kenyard wrote: »
    RAZR i sounds like a decent phone but theyre saying battery life might struggle a bit... they quoted it at 20 hours though, so i guess thats more than enough for a normal day since most people charge them overnight anyway...
    looks a smashing phone to me anyway, and will get the jellybeans soon too.
    nice 2ghz processor too, highest ever in a phone, and with so much optimised for only 1-2 cores, seems a good option, but fairly expensive still

tbh the spec on the galaxy s2 is still up there with a lot of phones nowadays.. you may as well go with the new iphone for screensize suggested, if price isnt an issue
    EDIT: just realised im gonna get slated to hell for even suggesting that in the android forum :D

If the razr battery is not enouhg get a razr maxx :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

I wouldn't have thought the battery would be an issue, it's only 100 mAh less than the S3 (2000 Vs 2100), and the S3 has a bigger screen to drive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭Nolimits

There's a new Motorola coming out soon that is all screen, 4.3 inch screen with a phone the same size as phones with a 3.7 inch screen. Some very good specs from what I can remember.

Think hauwei (sp) have recently announced a smaller phone as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Xperia S is worth considering, its a flagship phone like the OneX and GS3 but never really gets its airtime(*tips hat to Genghiz for mentioning SL*).

Nolimits wrote: »
    There's a new Motorola coming out soon that is all screen, 4.3 inch screen with a phone the same size as phones with a 3.7 inch screen. Some very good specs from what I can remember.

Think hauwei (sp) have recently announced a smaller phone as well

seems lots of people are aware of the razor i and recommending it :)

when are we expecting it guys?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Am majorly digging the One X now than I have gotten rid of Sense. It was going to get thrown against a wall up to that point but it really comes into its own with stock jelly bean (cynogen).

Slightly bigger screen that you specified but....

just seen that its not 720p but qhd,

any 4.3" 720p phones ?

when are we expecting it guys?

would be network specific i guess... its already released...
    as for screen size.. its barely off the 720p mark to be fair... dunno will there be a hugely noticeable difference, you are probably looking at the same ppi as the s3

http://www.android.gs/motorola-razr-i-release-date-specs-and-price-announced-today/

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Go with the One S. I have the X and its a great phone and the battery is very impressive - its even better on the S

It's very thin and light

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,747 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

+1 for the One S

Advertisement