Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vodafone to launch HTC Desire

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

JustinOval wrote: »
    I worked it out at €989.82 to Meteor's €503.88 over the term of the contract, including insurance.

VF - €179.99 150+150 2gig (€9.99 ins.)
    Meteor - €179.99 200+200 1gig (€6.99 ins.)
    Cheapest price on Meteor for the phone is €479 on Connect €25 (12 Mths) and you get 200 Mins/Texts per month

Cheapest price on Vodafone is €809 on their Perfect Choice Access plus (18 Months) and you get a very generous 0 Mins and 0 Texts for those 18 months too. 2GB data is all you get.

€809 - €479 = €330

So you will be paying €330 extra to get a phone with a longer contract with no texts and no minutes and 2GB of data for a phone that will most likely be locked?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Are you sure that it's available on that plan though, I'm fairly sure when you go to pay they would not allow you to take it out on a low plan.

Aye its definitely available on that plan, at that price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

Inquitus wrote: »
    Aye its definitely available on that plan, at that price.

Are you sure? I can't find it anywhere on that tariff.

Just off the phone from Vodafone. The sales agent confirmed that the phone ISN'T available on anything below the perfect choice access plus plan. According to her the phone IS locked to Vodafone and can only be unlocked after 6 months or spending €200.

Doubt they branded it though.

Just off the phone from Vodafone. The sales agent confirmed that the phone ISN'T available on anything below the perfect choice access plus plan. According to her the phone IS locked to Vodafone and can only be unlocked after 6 months or spending €200.

htcdesire.jpg

As an upgrade I can definitely get it on that tariff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

OK, I guess you can. :D

Better get a data add-on though...

I wouldn't be so sure that would go through to be honest. It's not that I don't believe you but back when I was on Vodafone I was on perfect choice 50 and wanted to upgrade to a smartphone and they insisted I moved to the €35 plan and said it was impossible to buy any smartphone on a non-smartphone plan.

Could you ring them and confirm by any chance? Really interested to see what they say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Keith186

Glad I went with the Meteor one!

I wouldn't be so sure that would go through to be honest. It's not that I don't believe you but back when I was on Vodafone I was on perfect choice 50 and wanted to upgrade to a smartphone and they insisted I moved to the €35 plan and said it was impossible to buy any smartphone on a non-smartphone plan.

Could you ring them and confirm by any chance? Really interested to see what they say.

I caved in and actually bought it, arrives weds, I was gonna hold on for the iphone, but that would force me to hike my tariff massively, and this represents great value imo, as I can stay on the cheap tariff!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭redmosquito85

Just bought it there, cant wait for it!! Was not asked to change tarriff either (im on a staff tarriff and didnt want to lose that!) just 18 months

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭EdgarAllenPoo

I'm on vodafone PAYG with the free any network texts, should I just stick with that or do VF have a more suitable plan for a phone like this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Ive been a Vodafone PAYG customer since day one and Ive been holding out to see what bill pay deals Vodafone would have for this phone and I am sorry to see that its a complete joke. I can get 200 mins, 200 texts and 10gb data on Meteor for the same monthly cost as Vodafones plan which is 0 text 0 mins and 2gb data! :rolleyes:

Meteor here I come...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭Nedved85

Why not just buy the phone sim free and use it with Vodafone PrePay. Top up by 30 euro online (6euro free credit = 36 euro) sign up for 1 months data plan @ 20 euro for 5gb internet and you still get free calls and texts to vodafone and 16 euro credit to spare! You can also use Cabbage to text all other networks for free aswell, happy days!

Nedved85 wrote: »
    Why not just buy the phone sim free and use it with Vodafone PrePay. Top up by 30 euro online (6euro free credit = 36 euro) sign up for 1 months data plan @ 20 euro for 5gb internet and you still get free calls and texts to vodafone and 16 euro credit to spare! You can also use Cabbage to text all other networks for free aswell, happy days!
    Buying it off meteor on their 12 month plan costs the exact same as buying it sim free :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭Nedved85

Fair nuff I guess... I swore is never return to meteor...I'm keeping that promise :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement