Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News mk3 - **No Spoilers Use Event Threads**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,841 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxBKoFh9xvs&ab_channel=SevereMMA

Delusional indeed! Confidence is great if you can back it up.

I couldn't watch all of this if I'm being honest

Figueiredo and Co better watch out! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭weemcd

mailburner wrote: »
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxBKoFh9xvs&ab_channel=SevereMMA

Delusional indeed! Confidence is great if you can back it up.

I couldn't watch all of this if I'm being honest

Figueiredo and Co better watch out! :o

That's hard to watch. I got through 90% of it. Jaysis.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,560 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

If he couldn't name the UFC flyweights it's because he's a thick.

DJ was a few months into his ONE contract at that stage and he couldn't name even Cejudo.

Gimp.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭themandan6611

The McGregor era has ruined the lot of the them. The only one making any money is Gallagher.

Dylan Tuke summed it well on a recent podcast - they all to be posting future world champ this and that while the reality is they are not even the best on the mat that day.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,106 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

The McGregor era has ruined the lot of the them. The only one making any money is Gallagher.

Dylan Tuke summed it well on a recent podcast - they all to be posting future world champ this and that while the reality is they are not even the best on the mat that day.
    Was Dylan not self-promoting in a similar fashion not too long ago?
    Maybe If he’s changed his perspective from the outside one he changed location.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

That looked like a complete work. Nonsense

• Registered Users Posts: 12,224 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Mellor wrote: »
    That looked like a complete work. Nonsense

Yeah the fight itself was sketchy, but then the big fella stays on the ground while she stands on him for a photo...

DrPhilG wrote: »
    Yeah the fight itself was sketchy, but then the big fella stays on the ground while she stands on him for a photo...

Turned it off before that part. I was basing it on the fight and the "knockdown". Photo absolutely confirms it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

Turned it off before that part. I was basing it on the fight and the "knockdown". Photo absolutely confirms it.

I done the exact same. As soon as he was lying flat on his belly not getting up, enough was enough for me. Embarrassing stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

I simply can't put my finger on why Rachael Ostovich keeps getting fights.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,425 ✭✭✭The White Feather

Ah FFS! Khamzat has Covid according to this site. I hope he can recover in time or maybe they move his fight to a week or 2 later? Didn't they move Hollands fight who had it?

This is from a Swedish site so I am guessing it is true.

https://twitter.com/kimurasweden/status/1333124872545955842?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Because she is filthy looking

• Registered Users Posts: 17,982 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Same reason PVZ lasted so long, sex sells

• Registered Users Posts: 12,736 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

JJayoo wrote: »

God I wouldn’t rate heras attractive at all. She looks like cyborg after a boat load of plastic surgery the caked in makeup

• Registered Users Posts: 37,665 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Dtp1979 wrote:
    God I wouldn’t rate heras attractive at all. She looks like cyborg after a boat load of plastic surgery the caked in makeup
    That's an incredibly accurate description imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,982 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Dtp1979 wrote: »

Lets be honest the bar is pretty low in womens MMA. Miesha I loved though

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

JJayoo wrote: »

That was the joke, yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Edwards has covid and the fights off.

Couldn't write it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭dashoonage

ASOT wrote: »

Couldn't write it.

Street Jesus has joined the chat.......

What's the story with yair Rodriguez, USADA?

ASOT wrote: »

Couldn't write it.

FFS. That is so annoying but hopefully Leon recovers okay

FFS. That is so annoying but hopefully Leon recovers okay

Magny who wanted the fight all along wants to replace Leon now, fair fcks to him hope it happens

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

US2 wrote: »
    Magny who wanted the fight all along wants to replace Leon now, fair fcks to him hope it happens

The fights been scraped completely so I'd say they are just pushing back Edwards/Chimaev

Dtp1979 wrote: »

Agreed. On TUF she was actually a naturally pretty girl, albeit with an oversized boob job.

Now (according to my wife who knows more about these things than I do) she seems to have had her lips, cheeks, eyes and possibly arse altered and she's starting to look a complete state.

I remember Rousey giving Tate stick about having a boob job and whilst that was just Rousey being her usual bitchy self, I could see her point. When you're in an industry where you get kicked and punched for a living, why have implants put in your chest that are going to be battered constantly? Not to mention the loss of flexibility, and the surgically added weight to a body that already struggles getting down to fight weight.

Same goes for Ostovich. Why spend a ton of money on adjusting your facial features, when you're going to earn a crust getting punched in the bake?

It would be like buying an expensive new motor and going stock car racing in it.

Same goes for Ostovich. Why spend a ton of money on adjusting your facial features, when you're going to earn a crust getting punched in the bake?

I'd assume at her age that getting the lips, cheeks, eyes done means fillers rather than implants. The difference being fillers being temporary.

Agree re:boobjob. For fighters that struggle at least

I'd assume at her age that getting the lips, cheeks, eyes done means fillers rather than implants. The difference being fillers being temporary.

Agree re:boobjob. For fighters that struggle at least

Temporary yes, but still souping up your face and then going into a fist fight doesn't make a heap of sense to me.

Temporary yes, but still souping up your face and then going into a fist fight doesn't make a heap of sense to me.

If fighting had an impact on them, then sure I don't see the point. But I've no clue sure that it does, or doesn't.

• Advertisement

If fighting had an impact on them, then sure I don't see the point. But I've no clue sure that it does, or doesn't.

Well fighting can certainly have an impact on your looks, short and long term. I reckon I'd wait til after the fight before spending money on fillers.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement