Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tuning in Irish Channels on SaorviewConnect box

Options
  • 14-10-2019 7:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

I set up a new Saorview Connect box at home in the last few days. My issue is that the Irish channels do not seem to be tuned in properly. The picture and sound come and go on some of the Irish channels. But the satellite channels all work fine.
    The UHF aerial was installed 13yrs ago and my TV is the same age.
    I have auto scanned several times and the manual scan doesn't seem to work on the box.
    Is this issue only solvable by getting an engineer out to look at the UHF aerial?
    Unfortunately customer support from Saorview was very disappointing, so I've taken to Boards.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,999 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

Pat6519 wrote: »
    I set up a new Saorview Connect box at home in the last few days. My issue is that the Irish channels do not seem to be tuned in properly. The picture and sound come and go on some of the Irish channels. But the satellite channels all work fine.
    The UHF aerial was installed 13yrs ago and my TV is the same age.
    I have auto scanned several times and the manual scan doesn't seem to work on the box.
    Is this issue only solvable by getting an engineer out to look at the UHF aerial?
    Unfortunately customer support from Saorview was very disappointing, so I've taken to Boards.

Most likely your aerial or the cabling from it needs attention.
    Get an aerial erector out to check things out.
    It is probable that you need a replacement aerial.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,306 ✭✭✭Antenna

I set up a new Saorview Connect box at home in the last few days.

What were you using before for Irish channels ? and did that have a stable reception ?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Pat6519

Most likely your aerial or the cabling from it needs attention.
    Get an aerial erector out to check things out.
    It is probable that you need a replacement aerial.

I rang an aerial guy and he advised me to face the aerial towards a different transmitter. And that worked. The original aerial was installed 13 yrs ago. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,999 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

I rang an aerial guy and he advised me to face the aerial towards a different transmitter. And that worked. The original aerial was installed 13 yrs ago. Thanks.

Glad you got it sorted so easily :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭tom23

Sorry for jumping in on this thread. Picked up one of these boxes for my parents today. Bought it second hand. Before I initially set up can anyone offers dos and donts so I don't make a b@lls of it? Any tricks to get the best out of this box. I see they are not well liked here but I'll give it the benefit of the doubt. cheers

• Advertisement
Advertisement