Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

combo box, irish+satelitte channels

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭NewClareman

Stuckness wrote: »
    @Gery Wickolw. Okay, thanks. So I could just get the factory version and flash NewClareman's image directly?.

Yes, it is easy to convert from the factory version, instructions here. Note: you need to flash one of my old backups first, take your pick.
    You can then flash the most recent image, see here, for instructions. I recommend this as it has a greater range of channels, by default, including the +1’s.
    Stuckness wrote: »
    I understand re the dongle, I was just wondering if the box had WiFi built in. Is a good connection useful for much other than streaming?
    WiFi is not built in and dongles are barely usable, for configuration only. If you are forced to use WiFi, use any dongle with a LAN port. LIDL had some last week, that may still be available. They work ok, but not as well as power line adapters.

A good connection can be used to view the EPG, control the box remotely, view channels on tablets, view IPTV, download covers for music and films, view IMDB info for films, Internet radio, all available by default, with my image.
    Lots of more options can be used, if you have the time and inclination to install and test the wide range of plugins.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Stuckness

Great stuff, and thanks for.all the work on it. Looking forward to getting it going. They're on eBay for 149 euro too for anyone interested.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭NewClareman

greasepalm wrote: »
    @Stuckness,many boxes have power issues and maybe you have a faulty power supply?
    No box will work straight out of the box as usually a few things need to be setup as we all dont live in the same spot.
    Is it easy to run a long lan cable from router to box,or as said powerline adapters will work on the same ring but if on a different ring they wont connect.

I’m not sure what you mean by “one ring”, maybe you could clarify. (Powerline adapters need to be on the same mains phase, but apart from that, I’m not aware of any other limitation, from a single distribution panel.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,465 ✭✭✭greasepalm

I’m not sure what you mean by “one ring”, maybe you could clarify. (Powerline adapters need to be on the same mains phase, but apart from that, I’m not aware of any other limitation, from a single distribution panel.)

Yes as you say " same main phase " ring/circuit as mine was not .I did add another 2 homeplugs at the time but replaced now with direct lan cables and switches.

Advertisement