Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GHOST 3 Arena Wed Nov 20th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭ollkiller

Anyone who has never heard Tribulation or seen them live is in for a treat. They are amazing and their songs are superb.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Sausages14

Sausages14 wrote: »
    I have one spare standing ticket for sale - PM if interested. Can meet at the venue

This has been sold.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭spiritcrusher

Would this type of gig have a pit type area that you need to get in early for?
    Been years since I've been to a gig in the 3Arena!

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭DepecheHead101

Ghost are a bit on the light side for a moshpit, I reckon, but I've seen them in the 3 Arena for less. Might get some of it for Tribulation. Nothing will be sectioned off if that's what you mean. Just one general access standing area ;).

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Never seen a pit for a Ghost gig so far and particularly no moshing either since the 2nd album.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭psychozeb

If you mean a barriered off area,no there isn't

• Registered Users Posts: 9,954 ✭✭✭Degag

Any rough idea of stage times? Ghost play quite a long set i believe?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,513 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Degag wrote: »
    Any rough idea of stage times? Ghost play quite a long set i believe?

England times have been tribulation 6:30 all them witches 7.40
    Ghost 9- 10:45

• Registered Users Posts: 4,004 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Ghost starting at 9 would be ideal for travelling up. All these weekday gigs are a killer.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,973 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Jofspring wrote: »
    Ghost starting at 9 would be ideal for travelling up. All these weekday gigs are a killer.

Ya hoping to get on the road at 5 up from cork straight after work.

• Advertisement

bennyl10 wrote: »
    England times have been tribulation 6:30 all them witches 7.40
    Ghost 9- 10:45

Cool. Any indication of how it is selling? Guessing a good portion of the top tier will be blocked off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Cool. Any indication of how it is selling? Guessing a good portion of the top tier will be blocked off

Still standing tickets available when I checked yesterday anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Had completely forgot about this gig, need some excuse to get off work early

top tier never went on sale, so will be entirely closed off I'd say
    Most of the lower tier sold

id guess 5-6k sold, justifies 3 arena at least

Wait...Tribulation are the first support act? That's surprising. To each their own, but All Them Witches seem like generic hurdy gurdy yank doom. Tribulation would be a far better lead in to Ghost and I would assume the bigger band on this side of the pond.

Wait...Tribulation are the first support act? That's surprising. To each their own, but All Them Witches seem like generic hurdy gurdy yank doom. Tribulation would be a far better lead in to Ghost and I would assume the bigger band on this side of the pond.

yup that would have been my thought too
    ATW to me, seem like an even more boring KoL

but ya ATW are main support

Go for Tribulation, head to the bar, and emerge at half 8ish

• Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭Wooderson

ATW have a psychy-bluesrock vibe that isnt really suited to this tour at all. Half decent metal band and an Abba mixed with Maiden chimera.

Promises were made, I'd say, and the wrong order was enshrined. Tribulation will have that little post-Siege buzz and all. Even though they spent most of that set doing the whole "our soundcheck wasn't 100% to par so we're going to stare at the floor for most of the set" glum European thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,521 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Tribulation 6.30pm
    All Them Witches 7.40pm
    Ghost 9pm

• Registered Users Posts: 3,060 ✭✭✭ThePott

Anyone know if you can bring a bag into the 3Arena?
    I know they don't have a cloakroom.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,152 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

ThePott wrote: »
    Anyone know if you can bring a bag into the 3Arena?
    I know they don't have a cloakroom.

Probably get checked I'd assume. Probably in same boat myself

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Testament1

Really happy I got to see Tribulation at the Siege, they're on way too early for anyone heading from outside Dublin after work. Their songs are catchy as hell and would be a great lead into Ghost.

Would there be any issue with getting a taxi after the gig? Or would you want to leave a couple of songs before the end?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭scoobydude

Would there be any issue with getting a taxi after the gig? Or would you want to leave a couple of songs before the end?

If you start walking towards town along the quays after you'll pick one up easily enough. No need to skip the last few songs

• Registered Users Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Aren't those rickshaws they tried to get rid of still shipping people into town after gigs.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,636 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

The Nal wrote: »
    Tribulation 6.30pm
    All Them Witches 7.40pm
    Ghost 9pm

S***e. Thought Tribulation were on after ATW.....?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,295 ✭✭✭ionapaul

I have a spare ticket for this (super late notice, I know!) and can pass it on to anyone interested for €20. Will be in town shortly and should be going into the venue around 7.45pm. In case anyone has a friend coming along and planning to get a ticket on the door, etc... Just PM.

To the rest of us, let's have an awesome night! I cannot wait... :D

Anyone who was here for tribulation how were they?
    ATW.. ya they were interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,636 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Anyone who was here for tribulation how were they?
    ATW.. ya they were interesting.

ATW were very Doors-y......proggy too. Anyone got reports of Tribulation

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Have a great time all, raging can't go. Mother in law broke her leg today and she was babysitting, let my wife go with her mate as i seen them at Slane.

Sure she'll get home at midnight and i may get a limp hand job :pac::pac::pac:

Advertisement