Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Why do blokes who lift weights

Options
  • 20-01-2017 6:49am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭

Walk around really arrogant thinking they own the place ? Any lads who are big gym goers I know seem to have a real cockiness about them. Why is this ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Walk around really arrogant thinking they own the place ? Any lads who are big gym goers I know seem to have a real cockiness about them. Why is this ?

They love looking and checking themselves out in the mirrors also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

Probably the hormones that are released

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Someone sounds intimidaaaated.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 20,767 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

They don't.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Never understood it (apart from people who compete in sports). I think it's the equivalent to girls that get boob jobs to boost their confidence.

Also think there is a massive homoerotic thing with it. A lot of lads like to do weights in groups and like watching each other flex, sweat and hear their lifting partners grunt. It's a subconscious stem of homosexuality. Of which a lot of humans have to be fair, it is just in this case it is more obvious to see.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

image.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Advbrd

Never understood it (apart from people who compete in sports). I think it's the equivalent to girls that get boob jobs to boost their confidence.

Also think there is a massive homoerotic thing with it. A lot of lads like to do weights in groups and like watching each other flex, sweat and hear their lifting partners grunt. It's a subconscious stem of homosexuality. Of which a lot of humans have to be fair, it is just in this case it is more obvious to see.

Oh Dickie, the homoerotic angle is going to set this thread on fire.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,356 ✭✭✭corner of hells

Have they got little knobs ?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

I see a few that check themselves out but most of them are fairly sound based on my limited interactions
    We all just get on with it
    Some are very nice and will help record for a form check or help spot

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭Coffee Fulled Runner

I do it to help me recover from injury. But not a fan of gyms at all, can't wait to get back on the track.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

Self-esteem.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,120 ✭✭✭barneygumble99

Don't ya just hate it when someone has a bit of self confidence!!!! I know a guy who is into weights and he is sound, normal like the rest of us but my friends who only know him to see him, think he's a prick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donal55

I prefer to look at the women with their thigh gaps than oogle the benchpressers meself. 🀓

• Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭Motivator

Spot me Bren

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Mod-Clickiest of clickbait titles. Locked

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement