Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wake up calls/scary experiences with drugs

• 17-01-2017 1:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭

I used to do Coke occasionally. One morning after doing it the night before I woke up and my heart was beating maybe 2-3 beats per second and I was drenched in sweat and nauseous. It was terrifying and my heart just wouldn't slow down for the longest time. I read afterwards that I had arrhythmia and could've gone into cardiac arrest had it not stopped. It was a wake up call for sure and I haven't gone near it since.

Anyone had any similar experiences?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭MyStubbleItches

Simulate trying to push out a hard poo. Resets the ticker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Duff

Bad batch of MDMA years ago at a festival. Heart was racing and vision went very blurry. Lost all my mates and managed to stumble back to my tent where I lay in a cold sweat, concentrating on not dying while drinking copious amounts of water and eating Starburst.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

On the whole my drug experiences have been good. Got palpitations from doing too many espressos once but that was about the worst of it.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭me_irl

No, cos drugs are bad m'kay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

Once when I was on acid I went on a rant about how weak the tabs we had consumed were.
    The power of my rant was lost in the fact that I was spreading marmalade on the kitchen walls at the time.

Not touched the stuff since.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

I haven't been too adventurous, coke and prescription pills was the height of it. The worst that happened me though was taking too many zopiclone and it had me tearing the place asunder, waking up the next morning with a taste in my mouth like I'd been chewing tin foil and absolutely no recollection of anything I had done, a deep cut in the back of my thigh. I was on the phone with someone when I passed out so there's about 7 hours unaccounted for between when I passed out and I was found wandering around my fathers farm. But I was black and blue. Didn't put me off them though, funnily enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,316 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Once met a girl I fancied in the middle of the day when I was high (weed). Spent 15 minutes talking about toast to her and isn't it just amazing how great toasters are? I love toast so much. Toast is just amazing.

Never talked to someone sober when I was high ever again.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

I almost died of boredom listening to someone who was on coke a few years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭Buckfast W

OldGoat wrote: »
    On the whole my drug experiences have been good. Got palpitations from doing too many espressos once but that was about the worst of it.

Espressos like this????

https://youtu.be/-Myi65bbd3Q

Trainspotting! And hopefully that experience will be reinforced with T2 Trainspotting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,316 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Buckfast W wrote: »
    Espressos like this????

maybe like this

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/wear/6944026.stm

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Teddington Cuddlesworth

A friend of mine took a heap of E and Md at electric picnic last year on the first night.
    He disappeared during the chemical brothers and we couldn't find him at all during the night.
    5am we arrive back to the tent and he's there passed out.
    The next morning he told us he went to the big tree to pee and the drugs hit him full force, he couldn't see a single thing except lights. He said the smallest lights were like staring into the sun.
    He ended up rambling around body and soul for 3 hours trying to find our campsite until someone took him by the hand and brought him to the right campsite.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,822 ✭✭✭stimpson

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, and a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers... and also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of Budweiser, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls. Not that we needed all that for the trip, but once you get locked into a serious drug collection, the tendency is to push it as far as you can.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭Hammer89

Bought a score of hash in Spain when I was 15. I had been a fairly seasoned user of this drug back in Ireland, but I wasn't prepared for what happened. This is because it looked like hash, and smelled like hash, but it wasn't straight hash. It was either laced with some psychedelic substance or Lucifer himself took a piss on it before it was sold to me. It was bad news. My mate and I sat on the beach, rolling one joint each to bring back to the hotel room, but I decided to sample the goods and smoked mine - a pinner, because neither of us could do three-skinners - to myself. "It's pretty sh*t," I say to him, thinking I was an expert after four puffs. "We've been had."

We're walking back to the hotel and it's clear, by my constant giggling that we actually did buy the real deal, but nothing what followed was a laughing matter. Fast forward about 20 minutes and I'm sitting on the bed, balling my eyes out because my mate wouldn't confess to whispering the lyrics to Mary Moe in my ear when I was turned the other way. "Just f*cking tell me the truth, Brian!" We had watched Dumb and Dumber on the plane over, which more than likely explains that audio hallucination.

I was a mess because a few minutes before that I was putting my hand through my own chest - not literally of course but it felt very, very real. He's just on the bed, laughing hysterically - not because he was experiencing the giggles, just because it was hilarious I'm guessing. For good reason, he didn't feel like smoking his joint. I slept off the experience and under no circumstances was I going to smoke any more of it. But we're young, and stupid, so instead of writing off our €20 investment, we go down the beach and try flog it to random men. We thought we had a buyer, too.

It was really very warm, so you could remove tiny little bits of the block without burning it. This one bloke, cool as f*ck, did just that, rubbed a bit off, put it in the top of his cigarette and then just f*cked off on us. "I didn't know Fonzie was Spanish," I say to my mate. I didn't. Every bit of dialogue is paraphrased, because it was 13 years ago. What do we do now? We can't sell it, and we definitely can't smoke it now because a couple of lost Smarties in my pocket had sort of melted into the lump. "We have to destroy it," he says. I reluctantly nod. We're too far from Mount Doom to discard this lump, forged by Satan himself no doubt, so we have to settle for the next best thing: the roof of the Hotel Samba, which is literally a stone's throw from our hotel. I throw it across and that was that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,160 ✭✭✭Huntergonzo

I snorted a load of coke in a few minutes before and found it hard to breath for about 5 minutes or so but it cleared up pretty quickly, I was on my own at the time though so it could have been pretty dangerous. But bar that brief moment I've only ever really had good experiences with drugs (btw I don't take illegal drugs very often because they're too expensive, I drink once or twice a week though and that's bloody expensive enough), in fact I've had far worse moments in life sober than on drugs, but don't forget kids, drugs are bad!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭team_actimel

I snorted a good bit of speed at a festival once. Went back to my tent, sweating profusely, heart racing for hours, wasn't nice. Wouldn't touch speed again.

I've only had good experiences with mdma, so far anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

Grayson wrote: »
    Once met a girl I fancied in the middle of the day when I was high (weed). Spent 15 minutes talking about toast to her and isn't it just amazing how great toasters are? I love toast so much. Toast is just amazing.

Never talked to someone sober when I was high ever again.

Tbh, that's a conversation I have regularly. While sober.

Toast is great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,651 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Never had a dangerous experience on the illegal drugs, bit whacked out of it from time to time but that's it.

Had a few life threatening drink binges over the years, does that count?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

Duff wrote: »
    Bad batch of MDMA years ago at a festival. Heart was racing and vision went very blurry. Lost all my mates and managed to stumble back to my tent where I lay in a cold sweat, concentrating on not dying while drinking copious amounts of water and eating Starburst.

Hahahaha. Unfortunately a familiar feeling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,526 ✭✭✭Stigura

Had some grass once. Kiddie next door got it for me. I think this was the stuff he called " Russian Bud "?

Anyway, I was smoking dope full time, back then. Smoked it like normal people smoke cigarettes. I skinned up some of this stuff and smoked the spliff.

I honestly don't remember how much of it I got through. I was sat at my computer, as normal. Then, I felt this tremendous gravitational pull! I just managed to lever myself out of the chair and get eight foot across the room to my futon.

And there I lay. Completely f**king paralysed for eight hours!!! :eek: I have Never been so f**king scared in my life! Fully conscious. Completely unable to move. F**k That! Never again!

Amyl Nitrate was the other one. I was in the company of some gay lads, one night. Sat in an arm chair when one reached in from behind and took my fag from my hand. He gave it straight back and, not really thinking about it, I took a drag.

As I did, I thought, " The c**t's bum sucked this! " The filter was wet. Then, I felt a hand on my shoulder. I was very grateful for this. Because it stopped me from doing a spaceman in a space ship job and floating off up to the f**king ceiling!

Some time later, I was with a mate and told him about that experience. I explained how I figured he'd dipped my filter in the amyl. And that's exactly what I then did myself.

Took a drag and went straight to Hell!!! My heart was crashing so f**king hard, I thought my head would explode. " This is it. " I thought. " I'll die of this now. " Absolutely terrifying! But, of course, not wishing to seem a dick in front of my friend, as I died in front of him, I kept a lid on it.

It passed. Probably only lasted five seconds or so. But, f**king hell!!!

Don't Ever. Just don't :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,623 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

Nimbin, Australia

Bus driver said - "Don't eat a whole cookie"

I ate a whole cookie.

Was scared to walk. Some effort to get me to bed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,516 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

cant say i've ever had a bad experience from drugs apart from the banging headaches i used to get after using amyl nitrate in the late 80's/ early 90's. great stuff otherwise. I found cocaine incredibly moreish so i only tried it the once.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

Overdose mixing H with Xanax. Didn't go unconscious but had a complete blackout and came too in a hospital with a drip in my arm. Very dangerous and stupid to mix two incredibly powerful CNS depressants.

Also serious palpitations after drinking brandy. Thought that my heart was going to explode.

Alcoholic poisoning from doing loads of shots of that muck called aftershock. Non-stop puking for a night and stayed in bed for a week as I couldn't keep anything down. Serious stomach cramps, thought I was gong to die.

A hangover after a full day drinking JD and coke. I was sweating heavily, jaundiced and extremely weak. Never again will I drink JD.

Would not touch the **** called coke in Ireland. You'd be lucky to find any coke in it at all it's so heavily cut with **** like speed. It's just horrible stuff. The difference between it and high quality stuff is like night and day.

xzanti wrote: »
    I almost died of boredom listening to someone who was on coke a few years ago.
    I wish I could thank this a million times. So true.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,667 ✭✭✭Hector Bellend

I sh1t the bed last friday after a particuarly heavy day on the booze.

It was a real bowel emptier.

I also vomited violently.

The smell on its own was enough to kill anyone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

Nothing apart from the odd bad trip to be honest.Goes with the territory i suppose. Go cycling every weekend and you'll be sure of a puncture at somestage or other,why should drugs be any different?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

All my bad experiences have been with drink, e.g. blackouts, bouts of vomiting, random fights, getting lost, saying/doing stuff I later regretted, doing stupid **** in general.

Can't think of any particularly bad trips from other stuff I've tried. Probably my favourite memory was hiding under my desk in my room because I was convinced aliens were communicating with me through the music I had on and the only way I could block them was by getting something between me and their waves. Ended up spending the entire night down there, slept there and all.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,960 ✭✭✭Dr Crayfish

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭A Battered Mars Bar

I took heroin once anally. 6 years later I woke up homeless and doing a lap dance for a Big Mac. Bad times. But I pulled myself together and now I'm the head of an international cooperation helping inner city kids stay out of school *Loud knocking*

Excuse me...

Hello? It's your senior advisor. Ya you see the whole keep kids out of school thing was wrong. It was keep them in school...in, just like Phil said at our initial meeting last year.

Phil? But we killed him? Remember after out last hit?

Ya but you see he's not dead. He's a zombie now.

Oh Christ

Actually wait. I'm Phil. I killed your senior advisor and now I'm going to kill you for killing me and ruining those kids future.

Oh no

Ah no. Just joking. Phil's dead.

Ha. Gas man. What were we talking about. Oh Ya. Wait there. Stop reading this. OK I got rid of boards now. Let's do some more smack.

Smack? Yo wack Bro.

Stop that. I pay you to be my senior adviser and drug dealer so start acting like one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Sounds like someone has been at the doobies :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 464 ✭✭Goya

I don't know if alcohol is more dangerous than narcotics. Alcoholic drinks are prepared in carefully regulated environments.

It's too much (of anything) that's the danger I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭KKkitty

Only ever took ecstasy once. Smoked whatever could be smoked, snorted whatever was going at house parties but I didn't like how I was after taking ecstasy. My brain felt like it was sizzling in a frying pan and when your jaws start moving of their own accord it's not a great feeling. My behaviour that night wasn't good and I wasn't in a great place mentally either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭asteroids over berlin

Scheduled acid trip to Bray head for the day!
    I walk into Store st thinking it was the dart station - my mate pulling me out and me mumbling i didnt get a ticket. Made it out to Killiney as i thought the train carriages were shrinking, various other mind wanderings. Ended up sitting on killiney head for a good 3 hours looking at the sea which was rather great. 22 years ago next April

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 440 ✭✭GritBiscuit

Took a speedball many moons ago...had a great night but the following day woke up with my heart galloping through my whole body, so hard my teeth would click together and horrendous chest pain. Like I was trying to swallow a sword with an elephant sitting on my chest. I was grey and sweating and could only breath fast and shallow. It passed after a couple of hours and I was absolutely wiped. Convinced myself it was just really bad heartburn but no more drugs and no more issues after that.

I got hideously drunk on another occasion - woke up with the phone ringing in my ear and realised I'd just puked while on my back in a deep, drunken sleep - thick, nasty puke all over my face and pillow, coughing and choking. Threw me a bit how different the outcome could have been had there been no phone call or I'd been just a tiny bit more drunk. Haven't drunk like that since.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

Despite all my experimentation over the years, the worst whitey I ever pulled was on legally prescribed pain relief that I'd been given for a back injury. I was very disappointed in myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Four Phucs Ache

When I was 15 me and a few friends had our first bit of weed.After 10 mins or so we were looking at each other waiting to see what it felt like or who was feeling it.

We started to giggle.

It started off slow.Within minutes we were fooking pissing ourselves laughing.My face was so sore.

I said out loud in between laughing that my face was really sore and in between trying to breath and laugh one of them said my mams fanny would have been sore if my face had to come out of it.

Fooking hell the laughter exploded all round so much we were in convulsions.I remember trying to stand up to leave the room as I had to stop laughing and as I got up I passed out.I fell head first like a tree onto the glass table in the living room.

When I came through the rest of the fookers where on there hands and knees choking and going blue while I was spitting blood and glass onto the cover of women's way.A piece about 2 inch long dug in under my scalp.

I will never forget Dierdre from Coronation Street smiling back at me covered in blood.

Goya wrote: »
    I don't know if alcohol is more dangerous than narcotics. Alcoholic drinks are prepared in carefully regulated environments.

It's too much (of anything) that's the danger I'd say.
    Very true. "The dose makes the poison".

Drinking too much water can kill you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,848 ✭✭✭bleg

When I realised "The Fear" was just another name for "alcohol induced psychosis."

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,894 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

The last ever time I took acid I had a strong trip that was fun for a while but turned into a bad one. Just wanted to come down at all costs. Paced around the back garden of the house about 100 times trying to calm myself down. Drank lots of OJ as I heard that Vit C was an antidote but fat lot of good it did me.

Eventually I came down but it was a totally sh*tty experience. Vowed never to touch the stuff again and 20 years on, I haven't.

But my worse accidents/scrapes were with booze. Booze and I have had a very abusive relationship in the past 8 years. Sober now and intend to stay that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭Melisandre121

JupiterKid wrote: »
    The last ever time I took acid I had a strong trip that was fun for a while but turned into a bad one. Just wanted to come down at all costs. Paced around the back garden of the house about 100 times trying to calm myself down. Drank lots of OJ as I heard that Vit C was an antidote but fat lot of good it did me.

Eventually I came down but it was a totally sh*tty experience. Vowed never to touch the stuff again and 20 years on, I haven't.

But my worse accidents/scrapes were with booze. Booze and I have had a very abusive relationship in the past 8 years. Sober now and intend to stay that way.

What happened with the acid trip that made it so bad?

JupiterKid wrote: »

Drink beer. Some say it ruins the trip, at least one person says it makes it a lot more controllable.

Realistically I have a bit of a thing with alcohol every year or two. The last one was just after Christmas this year when I counted up that I was having well over 100 units a week for a while before Christmas and pushing 200 a week for about 3 weeks over Christmas. Older people especially like to say beer isn't as bad as shorts but in terms of how much alcohol is consumed it's a lot easier to hit very high levels with beer than spirits for me.
    Last 2 weeks I've had under 15 units total which is quite the reduction. :P I'm avoiding beer completely because while I could probably have 1 or 2 and stop I wouldn't have 4 and stop. Also because 12 is a quiet one for me, 24 is a standard weekend night. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭Melisandre121

Drink beer. Some say it ruins the trip, at least one person says it makes it a lot more controllable.

Realistically I have a bit of a thing with alcohol every year or two. The last one was just after Christmas this year when I counted up that I was having well over 100 units a week for a while before Christmas and pushing 200 a week for about 3 weeks over Christmas. Older people especially like to say beer isn't as bad as shorts but in terms of how much alcohol is consumed it's a lot easier to hit very high levels with beer than spirits for me.
    Last 2 weeks I've had under 15 units total which is quite the reduction. :P I'm avoiding beer completely because while I could probably have 1 or 2 and stop I wouldn't have 4 and stop. Also because 12 is a quiet one for me, 24 is a standard weekend night. :P

Definitely sounds like it's worth cutting down! Best of luck with it :)

Definitely sounds like it's worth cutting down! Best of luck with it :)
    It's a piece of piss tbh. :P Little disappointing though because I'm realising how little it was actually affecting my life. :pac:

Advertisement