Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hair colour

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭tupenny

Goya wrote: »
    I never got a chance to experience the dreading going grey thing as I was just about 18 (I wasn't even finished school!) when I found my first white hair. Ever since then, it's been very gradual. Hair dye is my friend - it's really no biggie. And my hair is/was jet black, so greys are particularly noticeable on it, but only I am the one who actually pays much attention to it.

Salt and pepper doesn't look good, but completely silver grey can look great on a woman - of any age, not just old. Not common naturally though.

I have really dark brown almost black hair too.. whereas a lot of my fair haired mates have found greys and just do the highlight thing.. with dark hair what do u do? Dye the roots? I've genuinely no idea how to deal with the feckers, hence the dread!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 464 ✭✭Goya

Yeah I just dye the roots as soon as it becomes a little bit noticeable. Hairbands are handy too if you need a few days. I've long hair too - might be more noticeable on short hair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    They have identified the gene that causes grey hair. Another decade and they might have a none chemical solution

It definitely doesn't
    You probably never even heard of it, did you try it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

Goya wrote: »
    Does that definitely prevent hair from going grey? What other ways are there?

I thought hair going grey was due to genetics. I'm not sure that can actually be prevented.
    There's two types of grey hair premature grey hair and grey hair from old age, the former is supposed to be nutrition related and caused by copper deficiency. The mollasses is supposed to have great benefits for hair and skin.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭infogiver

I started dyeing my hair at the age of 27 when I spotted a few stray greys.
    I stopped suddenly on my 51st birthday. I just couldn't be bothered and for a long time I'd noticed that people with 50+ faces and hands and necks look "odd" with hair that belongs on the head of a 25 year old. Does anyone else notice that?
    Oddest of all are those really old ladies with the honey coloured hair and they're starting to go bald?
    I also had worn my hair short and spiky on top for about 20 years so I'm growing it now.
    Going for like a grey chignon look with stray bits falling down all around as soon as its long enough

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Anyone know any shampoo that gives the grey ombre look?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

I'm naturally quite dark brown. Last year I attempted to get that Granny Hair trend. Disaster. I ended up having to get it cut out of my hair eventually. Now the hair I have is just my own natural colour. No Grey yet. I found one about 2 years ago but nothing since. I think I'm going to keep my natural colour until I have to dye it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

Mid thirties and get blonde highlights. I get my hairdresser to check my roots periodically for greys and have somehow managed to avoid them so far. I'm sure they're on the way. Probably will be less noticeable with the highlights but still I'm not sure how I'll cover them when they start.

My mam has tight short hair and doesnt dye it. That salt and pepper look really suits her.

Advertisement