Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Things you don't see in GAA anymore

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,412 ✭✭✭Road-Hog

Voicerous cork supporters who commentated as if on radio from the stands and were as impartial as Borris Johnston/Da Donald......to a young lad listening they gave the impression they invented the game and knew everything about it......apart from any of the opposition players names.......this type of corkonian is no longer about as they have realized there actually are other counties as good as them and some even better....a couple of all Ireland’s though and they won’t be long coming back to annoys us again...!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,493 ✭✭✭ArnoldJRimmer

Letting people know in advance what the National League Fixtures are. Given that its now been months since the provisional fixtures were agreed and there's still no announcement, are we just expected to show up on the day and hope your team is playing at home? Hopefully they have the good grace to at least inform the teams involved

• Registered Users Posts: 4,343 ✭✭✭beggars_bush

Letting people know in advance what the National League Fixtures are. Given that its now been months since the provisional fixtures were agreed and there's still no announcement, are we just expected to show up on the day and hope your team is playing at home? Hopefully they have the good grace to at least inform the teams involved

most counties know their schedule

• Registered Users Posts: 2,493 ✭✭✭ArnoldJRimmer

most counties know their schedule

Then why can't they confirm and release the full schedule to the general public? They're usually out ages at this stage

• Registered Users Posts: 7,884 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

Whenever I smell smoke I always think of the terraces of Casement Park in the early 2000s when I was a boy. I wonder when smoking was banned at games.

Is it actually illegal? Im guessing it probably is but certainly hasnt stopped it. As an ex smoker myself ive no issue with it on the terraces, in a covered stand, not so nice

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,108 ✭✭✭paul71

Regarding smoking, I think it was 1987 or '88. David Beggy having a fag on the steps on the way up to collect his All-Ireland medal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭jr86

Smoking is much more a taboo nowadays so obviously GAA players won't be seen doing it openly, but there's probably still an odd player even at the top level that has a crafty one or two after a game!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭thesultan

jr86 wrote: »
    Smoking is much more a taboo nowadays so obviously GAA players won't be seen doing it openly, but there's probably still an odd player even at the top level that has a crafty one or two after a game!

You'd have a lot more after a game out drinking.

Advertisement