Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BBC & Saorview (Donegal)

Options
  • 18-10-2019 12:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭

Hi folks

I have a TV with a saorview box and a TV with built-in saorview.

Since the recent frequency change by the BBC I cannot get any BBC channels on my TV with the external box. The TV with built-in saorview is generally ok but the signal can come and go.
    Any ideas on what I need to do here? Possibly some manual channel searching?
    Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,020 ✭✭✭Digifriendly

Do you know which transmitter in N. Ireland you're receiving BBC channels on? If you do we can give you RF channel nos. to manually tune in the multiplexes.

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭Elvis Hammond

Tigerpants wrote: »
    Hi folks

I have a TV with a saorview box and a TV with built-in saorview.

Since the recent frequency change by the BBC I cannot get any BBC channels on my TV with the external box. The TV with built-in saorview is generally ok but the signal can come and go ...

Which part of Donegal? It's possible your aerial setup mightn't suit the new frequencies, or the problem could be co-channel interference since there's now more re-use of frequencies for a given area.

Advertisement