Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does peeling your lips have to be a bad thing?

Options
2»

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 391 ✭✭paralysed

I use blistex for chapped broken lips, it works really well when theyre really dry
    I used to use that on my cold sores. I have herpes

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Jesus that is a damn disturbing thing to read. The mental picture is just horrific.
    It took longer than I thought to get such a response!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,730 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Recently on holidays, I was on high mountains and generally at high altitude, my lips got so dry and I had no lips balm.
    Ended up with chapped lips and it was not pleasant. Then you feel like picking annoying loose skin on your lips., disaster, the air was very dry and cold where I was, when I got home my lips recovered quickly.

fussyonion wrote: »
    I thought I was the only one!!
    I LOVE sneezing.
    Try lip peeling!

RobertKK wrote: »
    Recently on holidays, I was on high mountains and generally at high altitude, my lips got so dry and I had no lips balm.
    Ended up with chapped lips and it was not pleasant. Then you feel like picking annoying loose skin on your lips., disaster, the air was very dry and cold where I was, when I got home my lips recovered quickly.
    Next time it happens, let me know. I'd have loved to have gotten me tweezers to them!

• Advertisement

paralysed wrote: »
    I used to use that on my cold sores. I have herpes

Take a low-dose lysine supplement for cold sores. If you get a blister, crush one and make a paste and apply it directly.

Otherwise use Blistex medicated stick on your lips to stop them chapping. Never lick your lips.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,032 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Usually following a detailed pubic disclosure of your lip peeling issues, one assumes?

FYP

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 33,730 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Next time it happens, let me know. I'd have loved to have gotten me tweezers to them!

God no, I will let no one near my lips with tweezers.
    I don't intend on letting it happen again.

Candie wrote: »
    Any break in the skin can become infected, and sepsis can follow easier than you think. It's unlikely, but not impossible.
    But I'd have a superior immune system.

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭s4uv3

OP I suffer with dry lips quite a bit in winter, central heating etc has them in a state.
    Something I've found really helpful is to give them a quick soft rub of my toothbrush whenever Im brushing my teeth. It helps to exfoliate and stimulate them.
    And I know it's been said already, but don't leave the house without a good smathering of a good quality lip balm like carmex or blisteze.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

He rubs the lotion on his lips.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

I had the same thought earlier :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

J Mysterio wrote: »
    I had the same thought earlier :pac:

He probably saves the skin off loads of unsuspecting lips to make himself a tunic or something.

What?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

I bite my lips all the time too, the only get dry when I'm dehydrated, the last thing I would use is a petroleum based lip balm, they work by drawing moisture out of the skin, thus leaving them drier in the long term. :)
    Coconut oil is by far the best oil I've used, especially going out in the cold/windy weather.
    And the toothbrush rubbing as someone already mentioned.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

The op made me want to vomit

cbyrd wrote: »
    the last thing I would use is a petroleum based lip balm, they work by drawing moisture out of the skin, thus leaving them drier in the long term. :)
    it's lebello I'm using. I don't think that has petroleum, but hard to get a straight answer online.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

I just find if I do that, I pay for my impulse half an hour or so later when it starts stinging like feck, and it stays sore like that for up to a day, so not worth it. If it doesn't hurt, it's probably grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Op. You need more jizz on your lips. ;)

cbyrd wrote: »
    I bite my lips all the time too
    You'd get away with it if you're a girl. Might even turn me on!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

What?

mad muffin wrote: »
    Op. You need more jizz on your lips. ;)
    Woah woh woh... hey. Not nice!

Candie wrote: »
    Any break in the skin can become infected, and sepsis can follow easier than you think. It's unlikely, but not impossible.

Rosehip oil is good for softening skin.
    i bought the rosehip oil. miranda kerr uses it!

Advertisement