Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

[REQUEST] Pens and Paper

Options
  • 20-02-2004 3:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭

Broke Student here who goes through pens and paper like the clappers.

Just wondering if anybody has any advice on where I should buy my stationary. I'd like to buy in a certain degree of bulk and i would like to get decent quality pens while i'm at it, along the lines of gel pens.

All advice much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

You could try buying in bulk from somewhere like Viking Direct I suppose

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭Paddy20

Yes, totally agree. Click on their Irish website at; www.vikingdirect.ie
    I have bought off them for years. Very good fast delivery too.

P. :ninja:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭ka

Try www.wizard.ie a lot cheaper than Viking on a lot of stuff

HTH

Ka:-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

yep wizard is much cheaper...viking are a bit of a rip off....also try reads for paper theyt do good value multipacks of 10 refill pads etc. and they used to do the boxes of bic biros for around 15c a pen as well....

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

When I was in college a few years back- a gang of us got the students union to register a wholesalers card with some of the warehouses so we could buy stuff wholesale. Box of 50 pens (Bics) were something like two quid (this was 1997-98), bales of A4 paper were about a pound. There are several warehouses over Ballymount direction (no idea if they have Gel pens)- but you could give it a shot. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Shane

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭chabsey

The Euro saver (2 euro shops) sell packs of 12 Parker Gel pens for 2 euros.

At 16 cents a pen it's worth trying them out anyway. The pack I've bought work fine.

If you're in Dublin they're located on Henry street I think, and a few other places.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭Sarsfield

I saw Tescos own brand stationery in their Jervis Centre branch today. I have no idea what the price/quality is like but you might want to check it out.

Advertisement