Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

20 stg mobiles

Options
  • 20-02-2004 1:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭

dont know whether this is the right place for this. Looked at all these ads and in spite of my brain saying NO NO!! went ahead and pain 20 squid for the damn mobile.. wonder whether this actually works? anyone went thro this or am i the only idiot in here... anyways will keep yu posted on the developments... cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,969 ✭✭✭Genghis

Not following you there. I think you have sent off money for a phone to someone and now you are not sure its legit? Do you have a link to the shop or anything?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭Fearo

What the hell are you talking about?????????????????:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭thesteve

i know what he's talking about, these scams are all over ebay, people are actually selling links to the sites that have this offer...

basically you pay them 20 (sterling usually) and pick a model of a phone, high spec phone mind you and they'll send it to you after a certain amount of other people join....

usually it works like this if they require five people to join before you get your phone....

steve pays his 20
    paul pays his 20 ...........1
    jack pays his 20 ..........2
    john pays his 20 .............3
    david pays his 20 ............4
    martin pays his 20 ............5
    > steve gets his phone

this isn't always 5 people, and even if it is and you're the last on the list, if you do the math, you'll see that by the time you get your phone, as i already mentioned on another thread, you won't need a mobile anymore because we'll be teleporting around the place!!!!!!

don't mean to put a downer on it but you got off easy mate, there's ad's on ebay for high spec phones, and in small writing at the bottom, it says that its not the phone you get but a link to a site that has this offer for a further 20 sterling... i've seen people bid 150 sterling, only to find out all they get is a link!!!!

good luck with it anyway and let us know what year you get the phone (if we're still around!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭bender

sorry... i meant .. its one those: when yu buy a cd for 20 quid you can choose a free mobile schemes...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭Fearo

sounds well dodgy!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,566 ✭✭✭SteM

Originally posted by bender
    sorry... i meant .. its one those: when yu buy a cd for 20 quid you can choose a free mobile schemes...

Next time you want to get nothing for €20 PM me and send you my address. Really, there's one born every minute :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭thesteve

hahaha.... but to be fair, these fu*king things are easy enough to fall into if you're not fully awake

• Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭Kone

poor simple bender

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭bender

jeez ... now it feels worse

• Registered Users Posts: 6,566 ✭✭✭SteM

Sorry mate, shouldn't laugh but you read about these pyramid schemes all the time, the only people who ever get anything out of them are the ones at the top.

Rule of thumb: if it looks too good to be true, then it generally is too good to be true.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭chabsey

Hold on....you bought a CD and they gave you this URL for free? What's going on?

How do these scams work...if,say, 5 people send off their money then whoever gets the money then has 100 quid....which won't buy them any decent phone.

How do they get the more expensive phones?

Advertisement