Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

250gig External Hard Drive €239

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭Hashbrown

Looks Nice but i am sure you could pick up a usb2 caddy approx €30 and 160/200 gb drive for about 140/150 €
    save yourself a few bob sorry (cents)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭Clinical Waste

Originally posted by Hashbrown
    Looks Nice but i am sure you could pick up a usb2 caddy approx €30 and 160/200 gb drive for about 140/150 €
    save yourself a few bob sorry (cents)

Not helpful if he wants firewire option or wants the full 250gb not just 160/200.

Its all relative to what you want.,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭whosurpaddy

anyone know of any links for nice caddies. must be host powered (no plug cables) thinking about building one of these for myself

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭CivilServant

From the website that's 239 excluding vat. 290 including vat. And you'll probably have to pay for delivery too, so that'll push it over €300. Not the deal bargain range anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭buddy

Nice option for a Laptop user though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

Komplett have a 250GB USB2/FW Maxtor drive at the moment for €293.27 - thinking of getting that one. They also have the 300GB for €345.58 or the 200GB for €258.11

Maybe not a bargain, but there it is... decide for yourselves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭whosurpaddy

elara have the 120gb version of the maxtor on touch for €156.26 i really wouldnt need any more than that (i wouldnt need any more than 20gb realistically but there dosent seem to be any decent ones out there with less storage space for cheap) although i really would prefer one that was host powered from the usb port.

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭thesteve

Komplett have a 250GB USB2/FW Maxtor drive at the moment for €293.27 - thinking of getting that one. They also have the 300GB for €345.58 or the 200GB for €258.11

i got this 250 drive from ebuyer.co.uk cheaper than komplett, not sure if it's the same now but sure it's worth a look

Advertisement