Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTÉ2 + 1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭brick man

iseegirls wrote:
    Oh, very odd. Is there a midterm break that week? Ellen at 5pm is an odd one.

No its after midterm break

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭jrmb

I've done a rescan and there's absolutely nothing to see on Saorview in Dublin City.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭lab man

What channel is it supposed to be on 202?

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭jrmb

lab man wrote: »
    What channel is it supposed to be on 202?
    On Saorview it's supposed to be 12. 202 is 2FM.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭lab man

jrmb wrote:
    On Saorview it's supposed to be 12. 202 is 2FM.

Not on sky then

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,019 ✭✭✭Digifriendly

No sign of RTE 2 +1. I've just done a manual scan and zilch.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Radio Gold

No sign of it on Virgin Media either

• Registered Users Posts: 8,319 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

No sign of it on my Saorview box either. Very strange.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,278 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Ditto everyone else, rescan and no +1

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Anyone point to me where A. RTÉ have asked the department to change RTÉ2's TRTÉ/RTÉ2 schedule from 4pm to 6pm? B. Where the minister approved this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,319 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

brick man wrote: »
    Just looking at RTE2 schedule from Monday 25th February and changes afoot with the simpsons moved to 4pm double episode and ellen talk show at 5pm and TRTE starts now at 12.25pm and am wondering will they wait till then to launch +1

news2day said recently that they will be off for the mid-term & return at 3:45pm on Monday the 25th of February.

news2day said recently that they will be off for the mid-term & return at 3:45pm on Monday the 25th of February.

I have read through RTÉ's proposal there is no mention of a change to TRTÉ's schedule.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭iseegirls

The fact that it's Ellen DeGeneres Show they've used has completely thrown me. Target audience for Ellen would prob be the same for Maura and Daithi at the same time on RTE1.

If they went with Big Bang, Young Sheldon, Goldbergs etc, then I'd say fair enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Telly man

RTE 2 are following in the footsteps of TG4 who have already dumped teen programs from the 5pm slot.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,720 ✭✭✭lertsnim

RTE must think that the celebrity loving teens will be watching in their 1000's even though theyve probably already seen what they want from Ellen on Youtube already.

lertsnim wrote: »
    RTE must think that the celebrity loving teens will be watching in their 1000's even though theyve probably already seen what they want from Ellen on Youtube already.

Even celebrity loving teens have no interest in Ellen.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,720 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Elmo wrote: »
    Even celebrity loving teens have no interest in Ellen.

I was more thinking of her guests. It is very heavy on the celebrity front.

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭medoc

It’s ridiculous that RTÉ TWO still has to show pre school programs given that RTÉ Junior exists as a channel on all platforms. Fair enough older kids shows as there’s no need to set up another channel for them. Fill day times with classic repeats, films, public service broadcasts etc. Give viewers choice and maybe some additional ad revenue for. RTÉ

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Ive renamed the thread, and maybe until we get a definitive, official, announced date from RTÉ, we might not regard any date as having ever been official, definitive, or announced

medoc wrote: »
    It’s ridiculous that RTÉ TWO still has to show pre school programs given that RTÉ Junior exists as a channel on all platforms. Fair enough older kids shows as there’s no need to set up another channel for them. Fill day times with classic repeats, films, public service broadcasts etc. Give viewers choice and maybe some additional ad revenue for. RTÉ

RTÉ didn't ask for a change to their RTÉ2 schedule. I can only imagine it would be made up of Dr. Phil and Ellen repeats, rather than something different. RTÉ need a change this is not it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭StreetLight

Channel 12 on Saorview now re-labelled as RTÉ2+1, launching 19th February at 1900.

Just on the schedule change, I’m getting a chance to look at it now for the first time and it’s quite frankly bizarre. The TRTE programming will now be running while it’s target audience is still at school or on their way home. The long term plan may be to kill off TRTE on the basis that this cohort is watching Nickelodeon and Disney (or these days online services) anyway, but that’s effectively the same mistake the BBC has realised all too late with BBC Three, that leaving a cohort of future license payers with no PSB programming isn’t good for retaining the license fee in the long run.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,871 ✭✭✭JDxtra

There's a loop being played now instead of the test card...

FSsBZX1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,019 ✭✭✭Digifriendly

Any frequencies to add RTE2+1 manually on Sky?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

Any frequencies to add RTE2+1 manually on Sky?

I don't think it's available on satellite, Saorview only

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭FRIENDO

RTÉ2 +1 now a named channel on Saorsat No. 12, no epg data yet

Just got an email from Saorview also

"RTÉ2+1 now available on Saorview

A brand new RTÉ2+1 television service as well as an extended 24 hour RTÉ One+1 service are now available on Saorview.

Beginning this evening, Tuesday 19 February, the new time-shifted RTÉ2+1 will run each evening from 7pm to 2am with RTÉ One+1 running 24 hours.

RTÉ2+1 can be found on Saorview at channel number 12.

RTÉ One+1 can be found at Saorview channel number 11.

If you can't see the new channel on your Saorview receiver, you should rescan or retune your device to update your Saorview channel list. Information on how to rescan, including help videos, can be found at https://www.saorview.ie/en/help/saorview

If you need help rescanning, our helpdesk is available at 1890-222012 and there is Live Help available on the Saorview website. For full contact information please see https://www.saorview.ie/en/about#contacts"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

It should be Channel 202 if/when it launches.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭mackersdublin

Surprised that RTÉ2 +1 didn't launch on Sky today. It's been testing for weeks off the EPG, SID 5493

• Advertisement

Surprised that RTÉ2 +1 didn't launch on Sky today. It's been testing for weeks off the EPG, SID 5493

Is it on Virgin Media?

Advertisement