Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

easter eggs

• 15-04-2011 1:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,932 ✭✭✭

Buy 1 (€8.49) get 2 free!!!large cadbury easter eggs, 197g, the ones that have a mug inside. tesco dun laoghaire, not sure if its in every store.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭bigron2109

Same in tesco in wexford Mini eggs and cream eggs are the ones i seen today in wexford.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭groom

JCs in Swords

€1.50 per Cadberys medium sized egg. I think the choices were Creme Eggs, Crunchie... can't remember the others

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

Same in Tesco's in Lower Baggot St (which is a relatively small one, so it's probably chain-wide). I picked up 3 mini egg Easter Eggs with mugs for just over €8. Not great value for one, but for 3 it's well worth it, even if just for the mugs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Elliee

Dunnes in Swords have medium easter eggs for 1 euro. Nestle, Cadbury and Mars.
    Yummmmmmmmy! Bought 3 today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,085 ✭✭✭paddydriver

Competition is good this year... were all gonna be fat after Easter!

I loaded up in Dunnes yesterday on the medium eggs for bargain price of €1.40 each... look on Tesco's site and they are €1.39... darn it!!

The price per nibble (KG) seems to be far better on the smaller eggs so trick is to get lots of them and leave wrappers everywhere so you really feel like you have done the dog on them :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭Shlippery

Read bout Tescos buy 1 get 2 free deal in the papers and went to check it out (cos I got one of the milky way mug eggs on Monday at €3.99 which seemed like a bargain!) but I was
    disappointed to see em back at €8.49 each again just for the offer! Guess it was too good to be true, still not a bad deal! Pity they're keeping the smarties mug eggs seperate from the deal. They're fierce cool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 993 ✭✭✭offaly1

Read bout Tescos buy 1 get 2 free deal in the papers and went to check it out (cos I got one of the milky way mug eggs on Monday at €3.99 which seemed like a bargain!) but I was
    disappointed to see em back at €8.49 each again just for the offer! Guess it was too good to be true, still not a bad deal! Pity they're keeping the smarties mug eggs seperate from the deal. They're fierce cool.

Tesco in tullamore had the Easter eggs this evening, but just mini eggs and creme eggs.... I want the smarties egg with the mug, bring me back to my childhood days (had similiar smarties mug bout 20odd years ago!!!):

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭Bumble32

Bought 9 large Easter eggs today in Tesco and made a saving of over 50 euro. :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭madanall

You are hardly going to get 3 mug eggs for 3.99. Be realistic. The previous offer was Better Than Half Price, hence the reduction from 8.49 to 3.99. The new offer is Buy 1 Get 2 Free. So naturally the retail price is going to go back up to what it was origonally.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭Eoinite

This is from Four Live yesterday:

Tesco -

Novelty Mugs and Eggs, €5.99 each or 2 for €8 (Glee, Peppa Pig, Toy Story and Top Gear etc).

Dunnes -

€1.40 each Cadbury / Nestle / Mars Medium Easter Egg Range (weights 149g - 189g)

Aldi-

Choceur Foil Bunnies €1.69
    Choceur Milk Chocolate Flame Egg €4.99

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 divot

So where is good to pick up a Crunchie easter egg in and around Dublin then? Haven't seen them anywhere, and it's the *only* one that'll do.... :)

In and around the Blanch/Navan Road or Liffey Valley>Inchicore>Walkinstown corridors would be easiest.. I tried Dunnes Blanch yesterday but no dice. Someone must have them!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭irishproduce

3 Eggs for €XXX is not really a bargain. It is marketed to make you think it is.
    The eggs are really worth less than €3 each anyway but the seller would rather to get €9 offering you one + 2 "Free" as opposed to selling you the eggs at €3 each - you are less likely to take €9 worth thus they wont get €9 from you.

For example, a normal bar of cadbury dairy milk is about €1 for 230G bar.

How then could one expect to realistically believe that 197G eggs are worth €8 +

These are not bargains. Maybe if they were 9 for €8whatever it is
    Rant over

• Registered Users Posts: 14 darraghdog

divot wrote: »
    So where is good to pick up a Crunchie easter egg in and around Dublin then? Haven't seen them anywhere, and it's the *only* one that'll do.... :)

In and around the Blanch/Navan Road or Liffey Valley>Inchicore>Walkinstown corridors would be easiest.. I tried Dunnes Blanch yesterday but no dice. Someone must have them!!

I think I just saw some in Superquinn Blanch, not fully sure, though, better ring ahead :)

• Registered Users Posts: 25 divot

darraghdog wrote: »
    I think I just saw some in Superquinn Blanch, not fully sure, though, better ring ahead :)

Thanks dd - Superquinn Blanch duly checked out - they have the smaller ones alright (bargain at 1.99 as it goes!) - but I'm looking for a medium or large Crunchie :)

Anyone? Any still out there?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

A real bargain hunter would get two small Crunchie ones for €1.39 each in Tesco..cheaper than one medium/large one.

I think Easter this year is being sponsored by the Dental Association.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

The londis near my gaff is selling 3 milky way easter eggs for 3 quid :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

divot wrote: »

superquinn sundrive had them yesterday evening, had loads of them... the small ones tho..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭lolli

Tesco made a feck up on Easter Eggs last week. We got 15 of those Easter Eggs with the cups for 4.50 :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 846 ✭✭✭tantipie

i picked up a lilly's O Brien easter egg today,,€14.99 not worth it in my opinion but buy 2 and pay €10 for same one:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

Is this offer still on in tesco? Might drop into Tesco Ballyfermot on the way home

• Advertisement
Advertisement