Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Captain Morgan

Options
  • 07-04-2011 11:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭

at tesco now 700ml bottle now only 15euro best price i have see it. :)

and six can of the 250ml only 8euro

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭brianrcarney

700cl :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek::D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

700cl :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek::D

THATS HUGE

Olivier-Mor.jpg

good find OP, will be heading to tesco later...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

The cans are really nice and handy, gone up to 8 from 7 but still great deal usually 2.50 each !!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭fabsoul

sorry its 700ml bottle but still a bargain

• Registered Users Posts: 19,942 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

cheers , picked up a few , hic

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭brianrcarney

why oh why is there no Tesco in Kilkenny!!

any idea what date this is till?

not sure, but i had to ask them to get it from the stock room, it was the only empty space in the off licence section, must be selling well !!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,178 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Dunnes are doing it for €20 a litre, bought some tonight, works out slightly cheaper than €15 for 700ml.

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭MonicaBing

Dunnes are doing it for €20 a litre, bought some tonight, works out slightly cheaper than €15 for 700ml.

Yep Dunnes in Thurles have the €20 for 1 litre bottle, got me 2 bottles tonight!

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭jc2008

Good few of these left in Tesco Dundrum at 9.30 tonight! Pity about Tesco not doing 1L for 20euro, but somehow €15 for 700ml *seems* cheaper :o (maths fail!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Only empty shelf space in Maynooth.

captain morgan i salute you :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭ixtlan

So... when the Frank's Hot Sauce thread was active I knew exactly what that was and how good it was.

Just for the uninitiated... what is Captain Morgan's and am I missing something interesting having never had any?

Ix.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

Captain Morgans is a spiced rum and IMO one of the nicest spirits around. Mix it with club orange and it tastes like a super split ice cream and it also tastes good with coke. I would definitely recommend it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭oneweb

ixtlan wrote: »
    So... when the Frank's Hot Sauce thread was active I knew exactly what that was and how good it was.

Just for the uninitiated... what is Captain Morgan's and am I missing something interesting having never had any?

Ix.
    There seems to be 2 versions of Captain Morgan's too, I wasn't sure which one to get at the airport so came home empty-handed, I didn't want to have another bottle of something left on the shelf that's never touched!

It is what it's.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Captain Morgan's, and Morgan's, are both the same thing, one is UK brand name, and the other is a mainland European brand name if I remember right, but both are exact same drink made by same company.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭skywalker

Ahh yes, but there is also Captain Morgans dark & white varieties. Delicacies indeed!

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭rivalius13

Morgan's Spiced and Captain Morgans Spiced Rum are the same, buy copious amounts of both, mix with coke or club orange for super awesome fun times.

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭Wudyaquit

mcgovern wrote: »
    Captain Morgan's, and Morgan's, are both the same thing, one is UK brand name, and the other is a mainland European brand name if I remember right, but both are exact same drink made by same company.

They've also a dark rum which isn't as nice

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭upandcumming

Wudyaquit wrote: »
    That shit is lethal!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,964 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Thanks OP, picked up two bottles in Parnell Street earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭oneweb

Wudyaquit wrote: »
    Excellent, glad I didn't buy it so! :) Thanks wud.. and sky..

It is what it's.

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭SparKing

Morgan, ginger ale and a good squeeze of lime. Ftw

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Morgan + Bacardi Breezer Orange = Super Split

Fcuking amazing drink. Highly dangerous too mind, because seeing as it tastes EXACTLY like a super split, you just keep drinking and drinking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭Chris P. Bacon

Nemanja91 wrote: »
    Captain Morgans is a spiced rum and IMO one of the nicest spirits around. Mix it with club orange and it tastes like a super split ice cream and it also tastes good with coke. I would definitely recommend it.

Just got myself a bottle of Captain and club orange as i never tried it before,and im sitting here now drinking a glass and its beautiful!!,thanks for the tip i would definitely recommend it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

Loads still available in Tesco Tallaght. I think the offer ends 19th April 2011.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭rivalius13

coldfire1x wrote: »
    Loads still available in Tesco Tallaght. I think the offer ends 19th April 2011.
    Just before the mad pre-Good Friday rush, those shnakes.

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭jimmay

Thanks OP I hope there is an equal availability in AA meetings ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

Got it last night in Tesco in Cork CC... paying for it now though OP!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Typhoon.

Thanks Op

Tesco ardkeen in waterford are also selling Traditional trinidadean (or something like that) rum .. reduced to clear for e10 (reduced from 24) (70cl)

Advertisement